Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody Received This:

We're giving you the chance to earn a $30 an hour BONUS tomorrow night on top of all the passenger fares you'll earn.

All you have to do is:

1. Drive within the areas listed below between 6:30-10:30pm
  2. Accept 90% of ALL jobs that come your way within this time
  3. We'll then credit you a $30 BONUS for every hour you work between 6:30-10:30pm. This is ON TOP OF the passenger fares you'll earn.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
What is the demand like on GoCatch now? I've yet to sign up with them, but may consider doing so if more work has become available.
I haven't signed up with them either. The problem is you would have to use two fones, although theoretically its possible to do it with one as you can leave GoCatch running in the background.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Me too. About 1 GoCatch to 10 - 15 Uber's. But slowly building. One phone is fine. But you need to have GoCatch in the foreground. It doesn't matter if Uber is in the background, as an Uber ping will come to the front no matter what.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Didn't know about the promo until read this thread. Checked email - yep got it. What an awesome promo!! Thought they would never get around to it. They had some event nights this week to promote GoCatch - James Blake concert ( mon or tues night? and some other functions on Thurs night where they were giving out loads of $20 ride vouchers. But except for the expectation of rides there was no cash guarantee for the drivers, plus had to be available from 10.30pm onwards. I drive from 6am each morning so without any earnings g'tee i didn't want to be waiting there that late.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Didn't know about the promo until read this thread. Checked email - yep got it. What an awesome promo!! Thought they would never get around to it. They had some event nights this week to promote GoCatch - James Blake concert ( mon or tues night? and some other functions on Thurs night where they were giving out loads of $20 ride vouchers. But except for the expectation of rides there was no cash guarantee for the drivers, plus had to be available from 10.30pm onwards. I drive from 6am each morning so without any earnings g'tee i didn't want to be waiting there that late.
27 uber rides 0 go catch bit disappointed to say the least

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Decent promo, no mention of 1 minimum trip like the rigged Uber system. It's worth it to sit online with GoCatch and just the earn the $30p/hr.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The promo said after you opt in that a representative would get in contact. No one contacted me so i don't think i was even participating in the g'tee after all. I was pretty busy with Uber sat night anyway

·
Registered
419 Posts
I think the name UBER is so big known that it just overwrites any other competitors at the moment and saying that just the name uber is kinda unique in a way that ppl only think uber as a ride share.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I think the name UBER is so big known that it just overwrites any other competitors at the moment and saying that just the name uber is kinda unique in a way that ppl only think uber as a ride share.
Yes Uber has become like Google. If you want to look something up, you google it even though you might be using Bing. Same with Uber, it has become synonymous with ridesharing even if you use a different platform.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Not many people know about Gocatch,-zero advertising -,still associated with Taxis only..
The radio chat today said 600 drivers in brisbane and the Gold Coast had signed up for GoCatch in 2 days
About to kick in on 5 September
Not sure what their rates are like but they are Australian and after the 20 percent cut by Sam Fool I fully support GoCatch

·
Registered
799 Posts
The radio chat today said 600 drivers in brisbane and the Gold Coast had signed up for GoCatch in 2 days
About to kick in on 5 September
Not sure what their rates are like but they are Australian and after the 20 percent cut by Sam Fool I fully support GoCatch
...so do I...getting better,but still most people have no idea that Gocatch exists...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I signed up with Gocar couple of weeks ago and the few job I have done are from riders who just migrated from taxi and not sure how ridesharing works. Also took me 3 weeks and 10 mails to get my $3 of toll they missed. No distance/time of journey is provided making it less driver friendly. Most of jobs I got were when when I had uber pax and forgot to make myself unavailable. For me its a distraction.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I signed up with Gocar couple of weeks ago and the few job I have done are from riders who just migrated from taxi and not sure how ridesharing works. Also took me 3 weeks and 10 mails to get my $3 of toll they missed. No distance/time of journey is provided making it less driver friendly. Most of jobs I got were when when I had uber pax and forgot to make myself unavailable. For me its a distraction.
..."less driver friendly"...there is nothing as unfriendly to the driver as uber rating system and few other practices uber apply.The only problem with the Gocatch I can see is not many jobs yet...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts