Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

· Premium Member
8,789 Posts
The only bogus drivers around are Prius drivers who think they are London Taxi Drivers.
Always makes me laugh when you tell them to get off the taxi rank and they say 'But I am a taxi'.
Which in itself is delusional, dangerous and deceiving.
That comes down to education.

TFL need to educate these PH Drivers.

Also if you move away from London there tends to be no difference.

I don't know anybody that thought they were a Taxi driver.

All the people I knew from back in the day doing Courier or PH work that wanted to be a Taxk driver are a Taxi driver.

They are whose experinces and advice I have based some of my personal decisions on.

I wouldn't make a significant life decision based on information from the Internet.

· Premium Member
8,789 Posts
From the twitter response in first link looks like the Somalian drivers are facing lot of racism from the white london black cab driver.

Just like to know from the black cab trolls on this forum how really bad that is.
There is indeed a problem with racism in certain sections of the London Taxi trade towards the Somalian drivers.

Accusations of working out their area etc.

Funnily enough if you check the statistics most of the YB that have been working in GB areas for years aren't Somailian.

One of the Dover St faces turned out to be a YB, even his GB mates knew he was a YB.

He was rightly chased off when IDs came in.

I know a bloke that did the YB that covers down to Wood Green and he did it specifically to work in Town which he did from day one.

He was an AddLee driver when he did the YB, he is now a GB as he did the GB KoL in his Taxi.

He actually did have the knowledge for nobody to know the difference, that's what 5/6 years of Open Call at AddLee does for you.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.