Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a reasonably sensible rideshare driver. Therefore my car is too old to have built-in bluetooth for listening to music streamed from my phone / having hands-free phone conversations. The only way to do the latter is to turn the phone's speakerphone on and shout in the general direction of the phone.

Can anyone recommend a (cheap, obviously) bluetooth receiver for streaming music and making phone calls in a car? Example below:

Tom (not sure who he is) says that this one is 10/10, but who knows. Any recommendations for one that works?

·
Premium Member
2022 Lucid Air
2,759 Posts
You can spend a bunch of time reading Amazon reviews and trying to compare 20 different ones, or you can order one and be done with it. They're all based on the same components. No matter which one you buy, you will probably be treated to a very loud Chinese-accented voice announcing that the Bluetooth device is connected successfully every time you plug it in, and there's no way to skip it.

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can spend a bunch of time reading Amazon reviews and trying to compare 20 different ones, or you can order one and be done with it.
Yes, those are obviously the two basic options; one can either do research before buying something, or one can buy without finding anything out beforehand.
They're all based on the same components.
While there are indeed many clones of products made in China which are, for all intents and purposes the same, to say that all Chinese products are clones of each other and that there is therefore essentially only one product available in each product category is facile.

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
I think you are better off with a bluetooth headset, you can leave your car and listen still without changing connections. Often the phone calls are better quality and dont have to notify that you are on speaker if there are friends in the car.

Also all the navigation instructions aren't going through the speakers which imo is unprofessional and also creates an illusion you know where you are going even if you dont. The navigation will go through the headset.

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think you are better off with a bluetooth headset, you can leave your car and listen still without changing connections. Often the phone calls are better quality and dont have to notify that you are on speaker if there are friends in the car.
No, I don't want to use a headset; I want to play music from my phone over the car stereo.
Also all the navigation instructions aren't going through the speakers which imo is unprofessional and also creates an illusion you know where you are going even if you dont.
I know the city well enough not to need to use satnav on the vast majority of rides - I find that using it looks unprofessional. I usually just have Google Maps in helicopter view of the route so I can see where the traffic might be.

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
You are the exact reason why. I recommend other people to wear the headset in the left ear lol

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
That's fine just want to make people aware of people like you who are anti headset, you are entitled to your opinion. Before this forum I didnt realize there might be people like you, who might downrate drivers for wearing one existed

You can never make everyone happy in this business but I am confident I am with the majority on this one, anyway goodluck

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's fine just want to make people aware of people like you who are anti headset, you are entitled to your opinion. Before this forum I didnt realize there might be people like you, who might downrate drivers for wearing one existed

You can never make everyone happy in this business but I am confident I am with the majority on this one, anyway goodluck
Seriously dude? Anti-headset? WTF?!?!

Put the bong on the ground and step back slowly with your hands in the air.

·
Premium Member
11,432 Posts
Yes if you think its unprofessional to wear one, you are one of them, I met other drivers here who claimed they 1 star drivers who wear one. Lol

I wear one to listen to sport radio and pimseluer language tapes and play the radio at a low volume for riders.

Like yourself I also rarely use navigation but when I need it, it goes through the headset

I think you should try it for a week and if you dont like it return it and get what your are looking for.

Imo you are researching DVD, VCR technology in a live streaming world

·
Premium Member
11,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes if you think its unprofessional to wear one, you are one of them, I met other drivers here who claimed they 1 star drivers who wear one. Lol

I wear one to listen to sport radio and pimseluer language tapes and play the radio at a low volume for riders.

Like yourself I also rarely use navigation but when I need it, it goes through the headset

I think you should try it for a week and if you dont like it return it and get what your are looking for.

Imo you are researching DVD, VCR technology in a live streaming world
Yeah... I think I'll end this here; you demonstrate inability to understand what I write. Thanks for the suggestions and recommendations, though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts