Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, YW Toddal. I did see the date was Aug 3rd but today was the first I'd seen the article. BotG is nearly 30 min (w/o traffic) from my house so unless I am already downtown I won't ever drive for it. Figured those that do would appreciate the info as I am sure it is a cluster. Wonder if something similar will happen for ACL? They really need a rideshare pick up point or points to try and control traffic flow for these events.

·
Banned
276 Posts
Uber will def be setting up some ground rules for ACL I would think but it might just be suggested routes, etc. Not sure they can "force" us to do anything of that nature. Well, unless the airport is involved.

Seriously though....good on ya bro! This kind of collaboration is what we need more of. All this other talk of rates and riots is so much drama. I just want to get paid son!!! :)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Toddal just to let you know others, including myself, have and do post information such as the above. Keep your eyes out for updates on weekend events and so forth. The last one I can think of dealt with the 4th of July.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
If uber sends out a text talking about it, it's likely a waste of your time. That's just my opinion, of course.

·
Registered
933 Posts
My mind starts working like this. Uber sends me a text saying how busy it is out there and I should get out and make some money. I start thinking who the hell are they to tell me when to work. I'm an IC, I'm supposed to drive when I want to not when they want me to.

I did some thinking about the BG and traffic issues. To much of a headache for me and glad I didn't go. Had full time job issue come up that I had to deal with over the phone. Would have hated to do that from the car while stuck in traffic. Far easier to do it from home relaxed and can think about the proper solution.

Any way for all of you who did go out I hope you made some decent money and had fun. :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
My opinion about BOG is that you are spending a ton of time sitting in traffic instead of driving. The payout for a 20-30 minute trip of 4-5 miles is just not worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts