Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a newbie. Just want to get an idea what it's like after a big game? I'm guessing it's crazy trying to find the passengers? Is it worth it? Any feedback?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Not worth it going after the crowds, you will end up getting a ping and searching for the pax in between a crowd of 20k people. When these games end, I run away as far as possible. Remember as well as all these stadiums are located close to Union station, most of the people will take the Go Train or the TTC and then call an Uber once they get out closer to their place.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi, I'm a newbie. Just want to get an idea what it's like after a big game? I'm guessing it's crazy trying to find the passengers? Is it worth it? Any feedback?
I skip them as well. Riders rarely have any sense of place in terms of thinking about how and where they're going to be picked up. Not at all worth the hassle and gas. I stay on the outskirts and if I can tell the pickup is in a bad spot I decline/ignore.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
You may spend 30 plus minutes lining up for a ping and then only get a ride to Liberty village out of it... Totally not worth it..

·
Registered
278 Posts
Funny our uber beggers are lined up to pick regular customers after the games with no surge that's hurts everyone.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Caribana was not that big of deal for uber pickups. However VELD and OVO was amazing. Just drive to the middle of surge, set a destionation. Your golden.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Running away from passengers, clients and customers doesn't make good business sense. I get that you don't like crowds, congestion and traffic. You should work on that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Running away from passengers, clients and customers doesn't make good business sense. I get that you don't like crowds, congestion and traffic. You should work on that.
There are plenty of other fish in the sea. Why not leave the crowds to those that want them? I'm not bothering anyone by not being there. It might even increase surge for you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.