Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been an Uber driver in California for almost five years and at about 5am this morning, my app went offline and would not allow me to go back online. (not 12 hour time related) I called support and was told that there is some issue with my background check and that Uber does background checks every year. If this is true, I have never had any issues and have never been blocked from going online in the past. I tired again today and have the message on my app that "your account needs attention" and to contact support, which I did again and got the same runaround. I asked for more info as to what is this problem/issue so I can address it and was told that they have no contact info they can give me. In the meantime, I am losing hundreds of dollars every day because of this and am unable to get any info on what the issue might be. Has anyone else experienced something like this and what can I do to get back online as soon as possible. I received no notification, e-mail, etc from Uber that there is any issue.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is there a hub you can go to? Seems like people have more luck resolving these issues in person... if that isn't possible, (repeated) emails might be better than calls, so at least you have the communications documented.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I have been an Uber driver in California for almost five years and at about 5am this morning, my app went offline and would not allow me to go back online. (not 12 hour time related) I called support and was told that there is some issue with my background check and that Uber does background checks every year. If this is true, I have never had any issues and have never been blocked from going online in the past. I tired again today and have the message on my app that "your account needs attention" and to contact support, which I did again and got the same runaround. I asked for more info as to what is this problem/issue so I can address it and was told that they have no contact info they can give me. In the meantime, I am losing hundreds of dollars every day because of this and am unable to get any info on what the issue might be. Has anyone else experienced something like this and what can I do to get back online as soon as possible. I received no notification, e-mail, etc from Uber that there is any issue.
Go to your nearest hub.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
You've been waitlisted. Just wait a few days till your background check is run and reviewed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You've been waitlisted. Just wait a few days till your background check is run and reviewed.
That is apparently what is happening.. Is this a new/normal thing? I have never had this issue in the five years that I have been driving. Do they do background checks every so often and if so, why do they not notify us that we will be unable to be online during the process, if you know the answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there a hub you can go to? Seems like people have more luck resolving these issues in person... if that isn't possible, (repeated) emails might be better than calls, so at least you have the communications documented.

Good luck!
I have talked to phone support twice and sent several messages. I get no solid answers as to what is going on or why., only the standard BS "be patient". No info on what is happening or why. In the meantime, I am losing hundreds of dollars by not being allowed to go online. Thanks for your info

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
I wish I had known

Here we go... 120 count for $49.95 (0.41/piece)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LA7UFKW/?tag=ubne0c-20

Do it and the tips will fall like rain.
Before I checked out the link...

I was SURE this was about condoms...8>O

Have you checked Walmarts water prices? 24 pack, great value water,$1.75 + 5 cent deposit + tax?
I get spring water for $1.99 24 pack...8>)

Welcome to the NEW Uber...

Where they REALLY...

do background checks...8>)

Rakos
Organism Fawn Rodent Adaptation Terrestrial animal

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Yeah, this is normal, several people have reported it before. It seems they are just now getting to you.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Complain to the CA. Labor dept, if more people did this, it would put Uber's labor practices on the radar,JMO

Actually a new background check every year makes sense. Nothing personal to anybody here, but the more ants off the road (especially potentialy dangerous ones) the better.
ROFLMAO,there's 45 moes looking to drive for Uber, for every one that leaves? LMAO, JMO

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
Complain to the CA. Labor dept, if more people did this, it would put Uber's labor practices on the radar,JMO

ROFLMAO,there's 45 moes looking to drive for Uber, for every one that leaves? LMAO, JMO
Massachusetts had an updated background check on all of their drivers last year due to legislation and literally thousands were kicked out of the system.

·
Premium Member
11,636 Posts
LOL.. Thanks Transporter! Really sucks when none of the supposed "driver support" people will not give any real answers.
Driver Support people that you email or speak to on the phone are NOT Uber employees. They can help with fixing a fare or promo issue (most of the time), but not with account stuff.

Driver Support email/phone people are employees of OUTSIDE VENDORS that provide call center services. After they get off the phone with you they take someone's call to order a Drain Weasel.

For anything to do with your account, a visit to the GLH is your only viable choice.

·
Premium Member
9,241 Posts
Again.. can someone tell me if this is a normal process or did someone make a complaint or is there some other issue?
Uber has stepped up their background process. They are being more subjective in the decision-making process, looking for anomalies, anything in a driver's background that may have slipped through the cracks. If something looks unordinary, then your account is "red flagged" for potential irregularities and is forwarded for further review and scrutiny.

An example: you went to court and agreed to pay a fine for a parking ticket - RED FLAG!

The reality is most people would not go to court over a silly parking ticket. The reality is if somebody did take the time to go to court to argue the parking ticket, a Judge would probably have the silly parking ticket dismissed and tell you to not do it again. But, if the record shows that somebody showed up in court and the final disposition was "parking violation resulting in fine," then Uber may assume the violator was originally charged with something of a serious nature such as a speeding violation.

Good for the violator that he didn't have points added to his insurance rating system, but Uber is not falling for all these court appearances that resulted in plea downs. There's been cases where DUI offenders had charges reduced to an illegal lane change, rapes reduced to a simple assault, armed robbery/kidnapping reduced to unauthorized credit card use, felonies reduced to misdemeanors, yada yada yada, and Uber wants no part of it.

A bad apple is a bad apple, and Uber is wanting to avoid further media damage caused by too many of these bad apples who were allowed to slip between the (court) cracks and put back on the streets only to become a further menace to society and Uber's image. There are plenty of new ants, and Uber is looking for any reason to cut ties with the current ants who may be carrying weighted baggage.

Good luck with your situation.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts