Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For what you might ask? Letting Uber beat everyone else to the punch in London.

When Hailo was popular and they wanted to get minicabs on board (way before Uber London) all you cabbies threw a hiss and fit... Now you guys got to deal with Uber.

I thinm Boris was right to call you all luddytes.

Otherwise I normally agree with cabbies.

·
Registered
824 Posts
For what you might ask? Letting Uber beat everyone else to the punch in London.

When Hailo was popular and they wanted to get minicabs on board (way before Uber London) all you cabbies threw a hiss and fit... Now you guys got to deal with Uber.

I thinm Boris was right to call you all luddytes.

Otherwise I normally agree with cabbies.
I like you for speaking against black cabs as well as being a cab driver. not saying cabbies are all wrong. but you speak up when they are wrong. a true man.

·
Premium Member
8,786 Posts
I think you will find that Uber was around a lot earlier than Hailo Exec. Probably about a year.

The reason Hailo introduced Hailo Exec is due to them wanting to target the Corporate Acc market.

Corporate Accounts like to keep things under one hat. So if they wanted big contracts in the Island then they would have to be able to provide Exec cars aswell.

At least HailoExec stuck with the Exec but rather than introduce a cheap Prius/Minicab service aswell.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you will find that Uber was around a lot earlier than Hailo Exec. Probably about a year.

The reason Hailo introduced Hailo Exec is due to them wanting to target the Corporate Acc market.

Corporate Accounts like to keep things under one hat. So if they wanted big contracts in the Island then they would have to be able to provide Exec cars aswell.

At least HailoExec stuck with the Exec but rather than introduce a cheap Prius/Minicab service aswell.
Hailo has been around before Uber London. For taxis only. They wanted to introduce minicabs but backed down under pressure from cabbies.

After Uber came along, then Hailo Exec as you say.

Also UberGeezer I am not a cabby. I drive uberx

·
Banned
550 Posts
The first taxi apps came to london nearly 15 years ago in the shape of Zingo and Zeta, but both of them fell by the weighside after a few years due to commitment issues by the drivers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts