Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
In 2009 I used to be pretty hard core into gaming. Tournaments etc. The group of guys I played with had a forum just like this with guys talking about mining for bitcoin etc. Theyd ask if we wanted in like 100 bucks worth. We made fun of them. Alot. Yea they def got the last laugh. Even if I been like sure 10 bucks worth and kept it til today.... I think itd be worth roughly 4-5 million dollars today

·
Registered
443 Posts
Wonder how long the bubble will last... it's interesting.

The mining is what turned me off when I research it every time. Dam

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
fml when it first came out , i was selling a phone or something on craigslist. the guy offered to pay me a few hundred bitcoins, i said gtfo here i want real money not pretend junk. :( face palm.

·
Premium Member
13,449 Posts
I tend not to look back on missed opportunities other than to evaluate flaws in my thinking. Does me no good.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Here's one for you. I actually mined 6 blocks - 300 coins back in 2011 in my basement. 3 rigs. 14 gpus (video cards). I stopped mining and sold almost all when the price dropped to $3 and it no longer covered the electric bill. I still have a Mt. Gox bankruptcy claim of about 5k.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Here's one for you. I actually mined 6 blocks - 300 coins back in 2011 in my basement. 3 rigs. 14 gpus (video cards). I stopped mining and sold almost all when the price dropped to $3 and it no longer covered the electric bill. I still have a Mt. Gox bankruptcy claim of about 5k.
So what exactly was the right time to buy? because I remember when it was tanking

1 - 10 of 10 Posts