Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I am currntly a driver for Uber in London. I'm looking to move to Birmingham, but I don't know how the Licencing works there. If there's anyone who can gibe me a few tips, it would be great. Thnanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, you have a few options depending on where exactly in Birmingham you will be staying.

Once you passed the DSA Driving test you can then look at the licensing applications.

You can obviously obtain a license for Birmingham City Council.

You need to book an appointment and turn up to collect an application pack. Think you have to pay £25.

You then study for the knowledge test and sit that first.
You then need to complete the Medical and attend Disability training.
You will also have to pay for a CRB.
I think you need to invest around £800 to obtain your license.

Check the council website. http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/taxi-licensing

You can also apply for Solihull license, but it is a smaller borough with fewer bases.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Birmingham drivers has anybody tried to get the terms and conditions for this? I suppose what I want to know is has anbody got the fine print for this, as I know uber will have some very strick conditions for drivers to get the £10.

·
Registered
43 Posts
They never gave me the £10 in last weeks statement as they have said i didn't meet the completion rate which mine comes back to 56% I'm confused

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine was 51% but on weekly email 100%

THEY JUST DONT WANT TO PAY IT

Simple it's a carrot to get you out of the road then jobs are thrown at you from further away than you would normally accept and you have to accept them cause of the £10ph

Or if you don't no £10ph at end of week

Damned if you do Damned if you don't!

It's all about stats, the amount of jobs being offered and completed.

No interest is paid to the cost of completing those jobs as Uber does not burden that cost.

What do uber care if you or I have to do 10 more trips to make the same money. That's what they want as that's 10 more trips per driver per day to go towards their IPO saying look we've completed 2million trips in Bham this year!

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's all a load of bull, my statement says the same thing, 100% completion rate yet no incentive for £10 per hour

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's all a load of bull, my statement says the same thing, 100% completion rate yet no incentive for £10 per hour
Also please remember that this £10 thing is just temporary and they will take it away once they have mentally conditioned the drivers to the lower fare. I have also been made aware that these new fares now mean we are in most cases half the price of black cabs. This is when customers have told me what they pay with black cabs and what the total came to with uber, ohh and this is the total fare before uber take their percentage.

·
Registered
43 Posts
UBER: Hi, it's very early days since we reduced prices in Birmingham, and the first signs are very promising: 19% increase in rider requests on Monday and Tuesday this week vs last week. That resulted in a 6% increase in average hourly partner payments on those days. Please do come into office hours to talk if you have any questions. All the best, Fouzan - General Manager
Anyone else get this text message today

·
Registered
47 Posts
UBER: Hi, it's very early days since we reduced prices in Birmingham, and the first signs are very promising: 19% increase in rider requests on Monday and Tuesday this week vs last week. That resulted in a 6% increase in average hourly partner payments on those days. Please do come into office hours to talk if you have any questions. All the best, Fouzan - General Manager
Anyone else get this text message today
What a load of crap - even if its a 6% increase in hourly pay we still down 7% loss when you considre 13% cut. What this shows is that extra work for way less pay. Hard to find people with common sense these days.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts