Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
It is about 9:00pm Thursday August. 13. It seems like just hype from Uber. I got one Pax from center city to billy Joel show today. Total fare $9.69. Minus $1 for safe ride fee = 8.69. Minus 20% uber fee = 1.70. So I made whole $7. Great. I have been receiving emails and messages from uber for whole week so I could make whole $ 7.00.
No surge at all in the whole philly area. Uber has saturated the city with drivers. Therefore it does not surge at all even at the special occasion like today.
Does not need to say "I am disappointed".

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm assuming the rides home will be a lot more. But that was my next question. I'm out of town. On the New York - Canadian border for work and it when I try logging in , it just says " Your vehicle can not operate in Montreal" and the app closes. Which is fine. But I was wondering after all of the uber hype, of someone can tell me what the surge gets up to tonight after the concert. Just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two things, when the concert ends, a lot of drivers will have given up for the night as they have a full time job in the morning. Secondly, a lot of drivers, I would imagine would rather stay away from the ball park to avoid spending too much time in traffic.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I feel so bad for anyone who drank this kool aide. Watching the rider app there's probably 50 or more drivers sitting around citi bank park, the linc, and Fargo center and not one single surge price.

To be fair, is Joel's crowd going to be made up of a lot of people who know about or use Uber as much as millennials at a Taylor swift concert?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
It is 11:18 and did not surge at all. Even the whole philly did not surge tonight. I am sitting outside of the center along with other 100 partners, no luck. It was just hype, uber is good at. Lessen learned, just ignore uber messages from now on.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
It's the Lyft sale...Everyone's switching to it past two weeks. Lyft is actually having small surges all the time now, but their surges are smaller in area. It's one of the reasons I'll only take Lyft when I'm downtown now, you can literally walk out of a surge area by moving a few blocks unless it's raining or the bars are letting out. Uber's surge areas are gigantic and unfair to people in parts of town where there isn't high demand (mostly south Philly.)

That said, last night was horrible. Weds was better, it seems Weds is the new Thursday.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Drive us around you're the Uber Man
Drive us around tonight
Well we're all in the mood for the cheapest fare
And you got us feelin' alright

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yup lots of drivers....where's den haagen?? Anybody @ da shore ?? Took me to Vorhees last nite...tempted for da shore
I only drive like once a month now. Everytime I drive the PAX are praising me to heaven LOL. The pax are complaining a lot about other drivers, especially new ones. I even started to get tips. Last sunday I made 9 trips, and 5 people tipped. I was like: Holy cow, something changed.

But i told them to enjoy the ride while they can, next time I drive will be at the end of august.

If Uber continues to saturate market with more drivers, the service will decline. People will start driving, get experienced, then realize that there is no money, so they will quit. So more new drivers will saturate the market, hence the service level will decline.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts