Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I am doing some independant research on Uber and I'd like to compile a list of the biggest pain points using the Uber App as a Driver and/or the overall Driving Experience.

If you are a Driver, please post your biggest pain points to this thread.

If this information already exists on the forum, let me know, and I can remove this thread.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,953 Posts
So "pain point" is a thing now. Every cult has their lingo. Apparently that applies to the the cults of marketting and human resources too.

·
Premium Member
2015 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L
634 Posts
oh boy, another person doing research! so fun!

pain points are when the hoes ain't ready when you pull up and the occasional puker

·
25,510 Posts
Crummy pay.
Not being able to set boundaries on how far you are willing to go to cover a job.
Crummy pay.
The application's saying that you are not at the address when in fact, you are.
Crummy pay.
Useless GPS Fortunately, I am one of the few Uber/Lyft drivers who actually knows where he is going, although once I get into the far out suburbs or exurbs, I do not know where I am going, either.
Crummy pay.
You are in a surge zone and it tries to give you base rate jobs.
Crummy pay.
You accept a job, it disappears and you lose your consecutive trip bonus.
Crummy pay.
Suspending your access to the platform while they do an annual background check
Crummy pay
Unresponsive outsourced driver "support"
Crummy pay.
Uber's spin and lies.
Crummy pay
You do not have an option to show password when you try to log ON
Crummy pay.
Names of businesses but no street address.
Crummy pay
Street corner pickups except on Uber Pool. Street corner pickups make shuffling easier on Uber Pool)
Crummy pay
You are always on the opposite side of the street from your passenger and it is difficult either for you to turn around or the customer to cross the street.
Crummy pay
Losing a consecutive trip bonus because you will not chase twenty minutes for a job.
Crummy pay
Uber Pool (except in rush hour, when you can shuffle)
Crummy pay
Having to contact driver "support" every time to get you cancel fee if you cancel for no car seat for small children or no mask.
Crummy pay
Having to submit exaggerated reports on passenger misbehaviour in order to protect yourself from false passenger complaints.
C rummy pay
Off topic responses to help requests from outsourced driver "support".
Crummy pay.
The application deliberately makes it almost impossible to contact driver "support".
Crummy pay
Uber/Lyft's failure to inform passengers on do s and don't s
Did I remember to mention crummy pay?

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Crime

whether it be fraudulently attemtping or succeeding into scamming support for a free ride and losing our payment for it,

Your car being contaminated by drug paraphernalia/debris/odors from clothing reaking of illegal narcotics.

or a victim of an actual crime,

or slightly rarely being witness to a crime and being investigated for a murder just because your car was outside a murder scene.

So really.. crime.

PS the pay really sucks in Orlando, that's relative to the rest of the country.

·
Registered
6 Posts
On top of the crummy pay, crummy pay, etc.

The destination mode is a joke. Often get ride requests that are in the opposite direction, both for pickup and drop off from my destination. This seems worse for Uber.

Dispatch requests that are much longer than the destination distance, especially in XL mode

Lyft for Service Flags that are not in any way related to performance. I.e. blocked roads preventing access to pick-up location, and still getting dinged for a flag. I'm a 5.0 driver, and still have two flags.

Oh, and crummy pay.

·
Premium Member
8,999 Posts
On top of the crummy pay, crummy pay, etc.

The destination mode is a joke. Often get ride requests that are in the opposite direction, both for pickup and drop off from my destination. This seems worse for Uber.

Dispatch requests that are much longer than the destination distance, especially in XL mode

Lyft for Service Flags that are not in any way related to performance. I.e. blocked roads preventing access to pick-up location, and still getting dinged for a flag. I'm a 5.0 driver, and still have two flags.

Oh, and crummy pay.
What is a service flag? Is that a warning?

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is a service flag? Is that a warning?
I guess it's a warning from Lyft.

I had no idea what it related to, and I was told that my pickup location was outside an acceptable range, thus a service flag.

Even after disputing that I could not get to the location due to police closures of the road, and went above and beyond to communicate with the pax on a suitable location (and waited), it could not be reversed. Outside my control, went above and beyond, pax very appreciative, still got a flag. Told "they cannot be changed"

Another flag for something related to safety, despite many, many compliments on good driving and a 5.0 rating, still a flag. No idea what it relates to, and never a negative comment from a pax. Frustrated as these cannot be challenged and reversed. Only impacts Lyft Rewards, but still.....

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Uberx drivers thinking they're entitled to overly generous wages for doing nothing. Driving clients in their non-luxury Priuses and Civics in a pair of blue jeans while talking to their relatives through bluetooth.

Drivers who aren't fit for this work yet continue to do it and plague the system.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Uberx drivers thinking they're entitled to overly generous wages for doing nothing. Driving clients in their non-luxury Priuses and Civics in a pair of blue jeans while talking to their relatives through bluetooth.

Drivers who aren't fit for this work yet continue to do it and plague the system.
Trolls who post dumb shit messages on this forum.

·
Premium Member
2,756 Posts

Everyone is entitled to a livable wage. The level of that wage depends on you.

This is rideshare not Livery service. Just cause you have a fancy car and a monkey suit means nothing. Your still rideshare and NOT A LIVERY SERVICE.

Unless, you a have medallion*, hack license* and commercial insurance your just a rideshare.

* where applicable

1 - 20 of 22 Posts