Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have to also maintain 90% acceptance rate. That means all the LyftLines, all the requests 25 min away, and dealing with the Lyft App going into eerie silence more times than others... Too much lyfting for my taste.
Chances are you'd get to 498 on your 60th day then the 2 requests you need never come. Win win for Lyft= lose lose for driver and friend.

·
Registered
977 Posts
You have to also maintain 90% acceptance rate. That means all the LyftLines, all the requests 25 min away, and dealing with the Lyft App going into eerie silence more times than others... Too much lyfting for my taste.
Chances are you'd get to 498 on your 60th day then the 2 requests you need never come. Win win for Lyft= lose lose for driver and friend.
That I can see happening though. I'd do it if they were more honest.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I can get 3 or 4 Lyft rides a day no problem....that's mixed in with 3 or 4 Lyft cancellations. So...3 x 60 days is 180 trips .... Im wondering who is going to jump on this offer unless all they can see is $2,000 referral bonus without realizing the level of effort their new driver will have to make to get those 500 trips. After a few days with only a minimum number of trips will put these new drivers stepping into a bar for a stiff one!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Well welcome back ATL2SD ... Were you on vacation? ... From Uberpeople.net :)
Hehe... I took a hiatus from driving & UP.net.;) The frequent POO request began to break my driver spirit. Figured business would be picking up a little next week so I'm back @ it. I'm still not taking POOL request though. I declined one the other night & then saw a Chrysler 300 swoop in to pick it up. I almost lost it....

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Given the oversaturation of drivers in SD, that's about 5-6 hours a day of sitting in your car, 7 days a week for 2 months straight. Just to make the bare minimum 500 rides. You'd probably want to hit at least 510-520 to give yourself some cushion. And you'd have to accept 90% of requests.

If you actually have a life and "only" work 5 days a week, you'd need to be in your car for 9-10 hours a day to hit that number in 60 days.

·
Premium Member
2,283 Posts
Boy there were pink mustaches and Fuber cars everywhere in OB today. The place was a crazy mess... yet not the slightest hint of a surge ... not even a fake 1.2
Next week & the following weeks will be the true test. Lots of events coming up plus the holiday. MLB all-star, comic-con, etc. We'll see if Uber & the army ant's can really quell the surge & for how long.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A
Next week & the following weeks will be the true test. Lots of events coming up plus the holiday. MLB all-star, comic-con, etc. We'll see if Uber & the army ant's can really quell the surge & for how long.
Ahhhh 4th of July... where a 10 min ride can turn into 45 min. Mission Beach all the way ...:)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Did you drive last year in July? Comic con was awful... Like the absolute worst. Think non moving traffic mixed with zero surge and 5 million pedestrians trying to get themselves hit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts