Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i will be starting next week and wanted to know if anyone has any past experience about working in the springfield/west springfield area for the big e starting friday? Does it get busy ? Any tips would be apreciated

·
Registered
555 Posts
I've never done it and I think that's new territory for CT uber drivers. Personally, I wouldn't do it because the rates are too low. Also you want to consider the traffic. Any time you sit in traffic, you begin to lose money.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True... Im hoping there will be people from the hartford area looking for rides to the big E i guess. Those wont be too bad

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have not started yet... Should be starting this week. Yeah I guess you are right... Its just i pretty much live in the hartford area.I wouldnt mind driving 45 minutes to new haven area though.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Any time your engine is idling or you're driving under 25 mph for extended periods, you should factor in those miles converted over from idle and low driving speed time. One hour of idling or driving under 25 mph will add about 25 miles of wear and tear to your engine. Worth factoring in for operating costs so you can see how much money you're losing sitting in traffic.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Springfield College, Western New England University & Law School, American International College, Smith College, UMASS Amherst are a few colleges around the Big E geo-area. Yes, Hartford Rates have been reduced to be the lowest around and comparatively speaking Western Mass' rates aren't much of an improvement.

Hartford New Haven Springfield Worcester
Base Fare $ 1.75 $ 2.00 $ 2.00 $ 2.00
$ per Min. $ 0.16 $ 0.18 $ 0.21 $ 0.16
$ per Mile $ 1.10 $ 1.50 $ 1.20 $ 1.24
Safe Ride $ 1.00 $ 1.00 $ 1.00 $ 1.00

Meanwhile - There's a call for driver attention regarding the lowered Hartford County Rates. Our strength is in our numbers and anything less than 100% attention in this cause will weaken or dilute the solidarity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts