Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2016/07/05/someone-is-watching-your-uber-driver/

"The company will not use the data gathered to remove drivers from the platform..."

I find that hard to believe. They'll do whatever they please with that data.
Oh bull Stuff they wont. There will be three things they will do with that info... One - use it to remove drivers. Two - lie about and fudge the data to try and show the public that Uber is the safest mode of transportation available to them. Three - Find ways to turn that info into income.. IE: Selling it to insurance companies or someone else for sure.

With that said its not surprising or out of line with many other companies that employs drivers of some kind. Many delivery truck drivers such as Coke, Pepsi, Budweiser etc. have been dealing with what that article discusses there plus much more. They have the necessary hardware and software in place that sends there companies there every driving move. They have also had in cab cameras pointed at them for years too (not cameras pointed at the road to aid with accidents, cameras on the drivers there-selves that is recorded and watched live at will be the bosses. This is nothing new and they are not doing anything that others haven't already been doing for a long time

·
Premium Member
60,587 Posts
Oh bull Stuff they wont. There will be three things they will do with that info... One - use it to remove drivers. Two - lie about and fudge the data to try and show the public that Uber is the safest mode of transportation available to them. Three - Find ways to turn that info into income.. IE: Selling it to insurance companies or someone else for sure.

With that said its not surprising or out of line with many other companies that employs drivers of some kind. Many delivery truck drivers such as Coke, Pepsi, Budweiser etc. have been dealing with what that article discusses there plus much more. They have the necessary hardware and software in place that sends there companies there every driving move. They have also had in cab cameras pointed at them for years too (not cameras pointed at the road to aid with accidents, cameras on the drivers there-selves that is recorded and watched live at will be the bosses. This is nothing new and they are not doing anything that others haven't already been doing for a long time
" not out of line with companies that employ drivers"

Repeat after me : UBER IS NOT AN EMPLOYER.
UBER IS A TECHNOLOGY COMPANY.
UBER IS A LEAD PROVIDER SERVICE WHO SCALPS ME FOR 25%-28% FOR A SERVICE APP. THAT MALFUNCTIONS FREQUENTLY COSTING ME TIME AND MONEY.
( and RATINGS)
Uber should pro rate service gaps and refund me a large percentage.

·
Premium Member
60,587 Posts

You know,in the 70's,the Budweiser delivery guys used to buy the bar a round at every bar and drink one themselves.ALL DAY.
times have changed . . .

·
Registered
77 Posts
You know,in the 70's,the Budweiser delivery guys used to buy the bar a round at every bar and drink one themselves.ALL DAY.
times have changed . . .
Yep times have changed. But being someone who has personally lost some one I truly truly cared about 17 years ago exactly to the day this Friday by a drunk driver when he was just 19, I can honestly say the Bud guy no longer tossing them back in a bar with everyone isn't all that bad of a change heh?

" not out of line with companies that employ drivers"

Repeat after me : UBER IS NOT AN EMPLOYER.
UBER IS A TECHNOLOGY COMPANY.
UBER IS A LEAD PROVIDER SERVICE WHO SCALPS ME FOR 25%-28% FOR A SERVICE APP. THAT MALFUNCTIONS FREQUENTLY COSTING ME TIME AND MONEY.
( and RATINGS)
Uber should pro rate service gaps and refund me a large percentage.
Yes... Uber is a Technology company.... Who also happens to employ people... And I could be wrong but I do believe if you employ people that pretty much qualifies you as an employer no? So yo7 want me to repeat what after you now???? And you were so proud of and sure of yourself you even said it in all caps. :) oh well its 3am so im tired myself as well, I understand it's not always easy to think things all the way through at 3am! When I drive for them they charge me 25%, and I pay for my own gas, and my own maintenance... But I don't say they are scalping me. I knew at was going to be there cut before I signed up, I knew the cost of gas was going to be my expense as well as any maintenance... I knew all that before I agreed to take one drive for them... I mean didn't you? You certainly wouldn't agree to work for anyone with out knowing all the financial particulars right? So why are you mad at them if you knew this info before you made the decision to hoin them.....

·
Premium Member
60,587 Posts
Yep times have changed. But being someone who has personally lost some one I truly truly cared about 17 years ago exactly to the day this Friday by a drunk driver when he was just 19, I can honestly say the Bud guy no longer tossing them back in a bar with everyone isn't all that bad of a change heh?

Yes... Uber is a Technology company.... Who also happens to employ people... And I could be wrong but I do believe if you employ people that pretty much qualifies you as an employer no? So yo7 want me to repeat what after you now???? And you were so proud of and sure of yourself you even said it in all caps. :) oh well its 3am so im tired myself as well, I understand it's not always easy to think things all the way through at 3am! When I drive for them they charge me 25%, and I pay for my own gas, and my own maintenance... But I don't say they are scalping me. I knew at was going to be there cut before I signed up, I knew the cost of gas was going to be my expense as well as any maintenance... I knew all that before I agreed to take one drive for them... I mean didn't you? You certainly wouldn't agree to work for anyone with out knowing all the financial particulars right? So why are you mad at them if you knew this info before you made the decision to hoin them.....
Uber AINT my employer.

·
Premium Member
60,587 Posts
Seriously,if you are comfortable with George Orwell's nightmare riding shotgun in your car,then Double good Plus for you.

Goes against everything about American Freedom ,Rights ,privacy,God,nature . . . even spoils moms Apple pie !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok you got me tohunt4me... You win.... I just find it kind of silly to be pissed at them when you are the one that decided to take them up on the very offer they told you about before hand.. Oh that and for trying to tell me that a company that has any employees at all is not an employer... A woman that has a child is a mother.. Dosen' mean shes your mother, but is a mother..

Just trying a simpler analogy for you....

·
Premium Member
60,587 Posts
Ok you got me tohunt4me... You win.... I just find it kind of silly to be pissed at them when you are the one that decided to take them up on the very offer they told you about before hand.. Oh that and for trying to tell me that a company that has any employees at all is not an employer... A woman that has a child is a mother.. Dosen' mean shes your mother, but is a mother..

Just trying a simpler analogy for you....
Who said I was mad.

Better to leave Uber frustrations here than in the customers lap.

This is a form of entertainment.

I appologize if you didn't find it as entertaining as I did.

Waiting to download Uber app that SHOCKS me when I don't drive for a day or two . . .

·
Registered
77 Posts
No it doesn't. Not in this case because you are agreeing to it by working for them. Come on your doing work for someone whom at the very least has known almost every move you (or at least your phone has made) You turn there app on that is based on GPS.... Give me your phone for an hour and I will find you plenty of people "spying" on you that you had no idea about. At least Uber is telling you and paying you at least a little something for it.. But back to the good old AMERICAN pie you mentioned, you're right this is America, so thankfully you can stop this assult on your privacy this very minute! All you have to do is unstall the app.... Whew that was close... They almost had you trapped for life! :) I mean when you do that they aren't going to pay you, but you are good with that they are not bosses and employer's anyway. Crisis averted. Im glad I could talk you through this!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Who said I was mad.

Better to leave Uber frustrations here than in the customers lap.

This is a form of entertainment.

I appologize if you didn't find it as entertaining as I did.

Waiting to download Uber app that SHOCKS me when I don't drive for a day or two . . .
I dunno. Guess I could be wrong thinking you were maybe a wee bit upset when you typed in all caps and said someone was scalping you. Just didn't put any images of rainbows and butterflies in my head

·
Premium Member
60,587 Posts
No it doesn't. Not in this case because you are agreeing to it by working for them. Come on your doing work for someone whom at the very least has known almost every move you (or at least your phone has made) You turn there app on that is based on GPS.... Give me your phone for an hour and I will find you plenty of people "spying" on you that you had no idea about. At least Uber is telling you and paying you at least a little something for it.. But back to the good old AMERICAN pie you mentioned, you're right this is America, so thankfully you can stop this assult on your privacy this very minute! All you have to do is unstall the app.... Whew that was close... They almost had you trapped for life! :) I mean when you do that they aren't going to pay you, but you are good with that they are not bosses and employer's anyway. Crisis averted. Im glad I could talk you through this!
Now what about that microphone over the driver seat in my car ?
Do I need a 68 Chevy 327 with points to get privacy IN MY CAR ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
We were talking about Uber... And thats what i was saying you agreed to.. Then I moved on to the point that there are many of people spying on you that u are unaware of or did not agree too.. I said those are the people you should be upset with...

With all that said I have recently purchased a camera to record both the street infront of me and inside my car itself. One of the reasons I started doing Uber on the side is my wife is pregnant so I want to put a little extra dough aside... No matter how "little" it may be. My wife begged me to get a camera as it would make her feel more comfortable especially now that shes pregnant. I have not gotten around installing it yet but I will and will hang a sign informing any rider that gets in my car. If it helps my loving wife and future mother of my child feel even slightly better Ill gladly do it

·
Premium Member
60,587 Posts
We were talking about Uber... And thats what i was saying you agreed to.. Then I moved on to the point that there are many of people spying on you that u are unaware of or did not agree too.. I said those are the people you should be upset with...

With all that said I have recently purchased a camera to record both the street infront of me and inside my car itself. One of the reasons I started doing Uber on the side is my wife is pregnant so I want to put a little extra dough aside... No matter how "little" it may be. My wife begged me to get a camera as it would make her feel more comfortable especially now that shes pregnant. I have not gotten around installing it yet but I will and will hang a sign informing any rider that gets in my car. If it helps my loving wife and future mother of my child feel even slightly better Ill gladly do it
Do you have them on your house ?

·
Registered
7,046 Posts

The cameras are there but they can't be viewed live. The cameras installed in Mears cabs predates even cellular cab dispatch systems..

And the cameras are more for the protection and safety of the drivers, I pray that we all stay safe however robberies can and do happen,
os-fox-cab-driver-armed-robbery-20160219.jpg

Just the presence of the cameras prevents issues from happening. Just having the cameras has allowed ME PERSONALLY to pursue an assailant in both civil and criminal court.

These cameras save lives, and vastly increase prosecution rates.

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Premium Member
60,587 Posts
The cameras are there but they can't be viewed live. The cameras installed in Mears cabs predates even cellular cab dispatch systems..

And the cameras are more for the protection and safety of the drivers, I pray that we all stay safe however robberies can and do happen, View attachment 48716
Just the presence of the cameras prevents issues from happening. Just having the cameras has allowed ME PERSONALLY to pursue an assailant in both civil and criminal court.

These cameras save lives, and vastly increase prosecution rates.
Wonder if she is left handed.
She's holding that gun pretty level though and her eyes show confidence.
Expensive hair,expensive nails,gold rings.not a street rat junkie !

She would be the LAST ONE I would suspect of robbing me.

Bet that driver was surprised !

Bet her own neighbors would never suspect her.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts