Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If u guys member my post couple days ago about me reciving a letter from TLC that says they wanna investigate with me about some idiot complanied .... i got the summons this morning and its 1500$ + 12 points and at the end of the letter they offerd me a settlement and its 300$ and 2 points sould i just take this offer or try to fight it i wanna post the letter but dont know how to do it

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
This is what OP posted int he previous thread fyi.

hey Guys i hope everyone doing well with the slowest days of the session ,
Yesterday i have revived an email from TLC that says they wanna investigat with me about who was driving my car on december 2 2016 they sent 2 forms the first one was for my cars information and the second one is empty there asking me to fill it up with the drivers information who was driving that date, i just called them regarding that email but they said just send then back to us and will call u ... i have no idea wht is this and i thought ill post it here if anyone knows anything about this .. thnx
What information did you send back to TLC? Is their allegation true (like, really true)? Is it what they accuse you of at this time? How many counts? Did you talk to a lawyer as suggested by many from this forum?

·
Premium Member
4,642 Posts
TLC is a legally formed racket. It is a shakedown and nothing else, unless you or your driver did something bad. I was accused by them of blocking a bicycle lane. Actually someone complained to them. They wanted $100 and no points by mail and $300 if found guilty. Sent them the money, not to waste time in their court.

·
Super Moderator
3,136 Posts
1,500 and 12 pts. This means you are going to get your license REVOKED because of the 12pts. Why? Because you will be hit with all 12 points at once within a 15 month period and pay 1,500 to TLC as a good bye gift.

You take the settlement offer and count your lucky stars, don't waste your money on a lawyer for you to lose and lose your license.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Bruh take that settlement and don't look back.

The TLC purposely makes it like this so you always take the settlement.

I remember I got a ticket once and they told me $1,000 to go to court or I can pay a $100 fine.. look at the difference.. they just always want the settlement but if they're gonna give you 12 points don't even risk it. If you even get a lawyer they're probably gonna charge near or over the $1,500 the TLC is telling you.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Wondering why op is not talking about it. While the only ticket I received from TLC was a parking violation I doubt they will give someone a 12 point ticket for nothing, or an unsubstantiated claim/complaint. Settling it only for $300 sounds shady AF tho

·
Registered
296 Posts
nyc goes in big blshts now. need to all drivers shatdown all apps one day and nobody can pull over or give tickets and they will see how many money they loose after everything will be changed.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
If u guys member my post couple days ago about me reciving a letter from TLC that says they wanna investigate with me about some idiot complanied .... i got the summons this morning and its 1500$ + 12 points and at the end of the letter they offerd me a settlement and its 300$ and 2 points sould i just take this offer or try to fight it i wanna post the letter but dont know how to do it
You can take a picture of your letter and screenshot it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Make sure the letter comes from TLC. It sounds like a scam to me, but what can we expect from TLC these days.

Tell us about the accusation and someone may have an answer for you.

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
If I ever got a ticket like this in the mail, I would march down to tlc, hand them my license and say "peace out"

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Take the settlement man !!
**** them as there is no FAIR hearing at tlc.
When i got a total of 6 points on my license i took the defensive right away which saved me 3 tlc points, few days later i recieved this letter asking for 1000 bucks i could have gone there but i hired a lawyer so my lawyer went to the tlc court got it dismissed and guess what ?
They still suspended my tlc license as some **** forgot to update it in their system so long story short i called my lawyer and he wasn't happy either coz poor guy had to go back to get it cleared.
Tlc is a mafia a big scam.
Stay away bro just pay the fine and dont get in the tlc trouble for atleast 15 months.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Take the settlement man !!
&%[email protected]!* them as there is no FAIR hearing at tlc.
When i got a total of 6 points on my license i took the defensive right away which saved me 3 tlc points, few days later i recieved this letter asking for 1000 bucks i could have gone there but i hired a lawyer so my lawyer went to the tlc court got it dismissed and guess what ?
They still suspended my tlc license as some **** forgot to update it in their system so long story short i called my lawyer and he wasn't happy either coz poor guy had to go back to get it cleared.
Tlc is a mafia a big scam.
Stay away bro just pay the fine and dont get in the tlc trouble for atleast 15 months.
CAN YOU PLZ SEND ME THAT LAWYER CELL .. I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE .. THANKS

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.