Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Main roads out in force on Gold Coast. Avoid Cavill Avenue saw drivers getting fines tonight. With review upcoming guess trying to rake in what they can.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some drivers been fined 3 or more times in last month so hope uber is doing the right thing and paying or sorting fines out. Havent heard much.

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Some drivers been fined 3 or more times in last month so hope uber is doing the right thing and paying or sorting fines out. Havent heard much.
Imagine trying to apply for the possibility of any new passenger license category with multiple fines against the existing passenger legislation. Doubt they'd be successful, maybe give them a heads up to look for work before their DA expires.

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DA valid for 5 years so dont think that will worry. Has anyone actually paid a fine as I havent heard. Seems uber is sorting it out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
DA valid for 5 years so dont think that will worry. Has anyone actually paid a fine as I havent heard. Seems uber is sorting it out.
Regardles of how many years (Industry Authorisation) is issued for, it is a breach of the code of conduct if you are caught, and can be cancelled, along with any other authorisations you may have, and yes I am sure, as I train in some of these.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Regardles of how many years (Industry Authorisation) is issued for, it is a breach of the code of conduct if you are caught, and can be cancelled, along with any other authorisations you may have, and yes I am sure, as I train in some of these.
Not to mention limiting trying to get a driving related job where you may need it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
well put it this way, it not a traffic offense, so expect it to be on record, and if uber end up been illegal and you've been caught and quit later and join police force or anything job for record checking, you won't be getting in for that awesome illegal offense, so if your driving for uber atm, hope you don't get caught and hope you plan to invest long with uber... if not, pray your luck doesn't run out

also remember, when and if uber become legal.. your ticket was prior to legal therefore still payable if uber hasn't paid for it... but remember once they become legal, it doesn't mean they won't backstab you and say it your problem, cuz by then, they have a lot of drivers to toss and turn... likewise just a head up for drivers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts