Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What times and locations have done the best for you. Mine have been all over the charts. The weekends do well early morning and late at night on the strip. While monitoring from home the hours between 2 and 6 do the best with the 10 pm hours do ok. That is getting rides to the strip.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I think it'll be a couple more weeks before things really even out to 'normal', especially weekends. The first weekend was great, but last weekend was a lot worse. On the other hand, this past Monday morning, though I didn't get any surges, was very very good as I had very little down time until about 12PM.

One thing I've noticed -- as a whole, the western side of the city is better than the eastern outside of a couple miles near the strip (this isn't surprising, granted).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last night was brutal.. 2 rides in 4hrs (7-11pm) and went almost 2 whole hours traversing strip w/ zero requests or surges... First night I didn't have at least $150 in fares.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Noocllez, how much do you work to get 150+? I find that on a normal weeknight on the strip is about 70 to 100 for 8 hrs.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Anyone getting anything tonight? I've been parked near that Greek festival for the last 3 hours without a single ping and according to my rider app, I was the only car in the vicinity... I gave up and went home.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Anyone getting anything tonight? I've been parked near that Greek festival for the last 3 hours without a single ping and according to my rider app, I was the only car in the vicinity... I gave up and went home.
It has been real slow for a Friday night. The traffic is crazy and very few rides. I also gave up and called it a night.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sat at home today and garnered 2 dead end rides. One to north Vegas for 18 and another to the strip for 47. Then a small fare. I'm sitting on the strip in a parking lot right now. Gonna do it til 2 or 3 and see what develops.

First Friday ends at 11 so if nothing is developing I might run up there. If I start gettin 5 buck rides I will call it quits.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Sat at home today and garnered 2 dead end rides. One to north Vegas for 18 and another to the strip for 47. Then a small fare. I'm sitting on the strip in a parking lot right now. Gonna do it til 2 or 3 and see what develops.

First Friday ends at 11 so if nothing is developing I might run up there. If I start gettin 5 buck rides I will call it quits.
It will be interesting to see if it can still surge at 11 with this many drivers waiting now.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
It seems the only way to get a ping sometimes is to be on Las Vegas BLVD. There were like SEVEN cars near me when I was parked at Fashion Show around 8PM, but then I got two consecutives pings when I was on LV just before TI....at TI.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Good luck! I worked 3-10 and only made $85. :( I drove up and down Lvb but there was a time were there was no ping for an hour! Weird on a Friday night hopefully tomorrow is better!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just got pinged and I was right there at the rio. Then the pax cancelled and another über was in pickup spot and driving off. SOMETHING IS ROTTEN IN THIS

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
I just got pinged and I was right there at the rio. Then the pax cancelled and another über was in pickup spot and driving off. SOMETHING IS ROTTEN IN THIS
That is called "getting scooped" in the vernacular of the driving people around for money industry.

Happens all the time, especially at hotels. Nothing you can do but move on to the next fare.

It's frustrating, but it's part of the business.

Reactions: XUberMike

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's unethical is what it is. I could have done it a few times but integrity said no. I want to be able to sleep at night.

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
It's unethical is what it is. I could have done it a few times but integrity said no. I want to be able to sleep at night.
It's unethical, alright, but this industry has always had its share of unethical operators. Why do you think the driving people around for money industry is so heavily regulated?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts