Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
My biggest over the summer was $295 from salem ma to burlington vt. It was like at 4am at all times after being awake all night. 3.5 hours. Slept in a parking lot in car for 5 hours. I knew i was gonna take a daycation as this happened on weekend and had nothing to do so i rented a kayak and just rowed on the lake champlain. Was a good day :)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Yea the gas would be only thing. If the gas goes up more id prolly say it wont be worth it.
I picked up a guy at Logan who works for Honda and I talk to about hibred minivan. He said that the car manufactures don't think that the minivan market wants to have hybrids so they're not going to make them. I know Honda doesn't right now I have an odyssey. Not sure if sienna is offered in a hibred. The rest of them and that should get them for short money I don't think they're worth it. Toyota sienna on the Odyssey those are the two best minivans everything else isn't going to a lot last as long

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I picked up a guy at Logan who works for Honda and I talk to about hibred minivan. He said that the car manufactures don't think that the minivan market wants to have hybrids so they're not going to make them. I know Honda doesn't right now I have an odyssey. Not sure if sienna is offered in a hibred. The rest of them and that should get them for short money I don't think they're worth it. Toyota sienna on the Odyssey those are the two best minivans everything else isn't going to a lot last as long
Yea they wana jump into electric. Chrysler pacifica talking about all electric in another couple of years. Its just the matter of chargeing stations. As theres a few in boston but not enough to change everyone to it.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Yea they wana jump into electric. Chrysler pacifica talking about all electric in another couple of years. Its just the matter of chargeing stations. As theres a few in boston but not enough to change everyone to it.
I think it's a matter of developing the batteries for what is considered light trucks. I don't know about Toyota but I know that Honda considers them as light trucks. To get the battery power to move something that weighs that much it's probably not worth it for them because their customers who buy these vehicles aren't concerned about the cost of fuel. If you have a minivan you can expect to pay $35-$55 to fill the tank depending on the price of fuel. for the soccer mom that's driving your kids around they don't care about it they're making over $200,000 a year

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I think it's a matter of developing the batteries for what is considered light trucks. I don't know about Toyota but I know that Honda considers them as light trucks. To get the battery power to move something that weighs that much it's probably not worth it for them because their customers who buy these vehicles aren't concerned about the cost of fuel. If you have a minivan you can expect to pay $35-$55 to fill the tank depending on the price of fuel. for the soccer mom that's driving your kids around they don't care about it they're making over $200,000 a year
They already got this semi truck called nikola truck run on all hydrogen. Hydrogen is like electrcity but made for more endurance. The thing would be its harder to produce hydrogen and it cam ne unstable.

I know eventually they trying all electric and solar vehicals "its better". Its cleaner but its not as relable as fuel

Also soccer moms $200k lol maybe wives married to sports star lol. I see moms driveing kids in buik centuries around here lol

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
They already got this semi truck called nikola truck run on all hydrogen. Hydrogen is like electrcity but made for more endurance. The thing would be its harder to produce hydrogen and it cam ne unstable.

I know eventually they trying all electric and solar vehicals "its better". Its cleaner but its not as relable as fuel

Also soccer moms $200k lol maybe wives married to sports star lol. I see moms driveing kids in buik centuries around here lol
I don't think the soccer moms who buy mini vans that are making $200,000 a year collectively or part of that group. If you have 45 kids and you make 100,000+ a year I mean you're doing OK but if you're Making great if you got six kids and your making a quarter million a year and you have four kids I think the last concern for you is how much fuel cost. Honda and Toyota know this so they're not going to invest in hibred minivans

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Much of the minivan market these days are retirees....
'Soccor mom' families are driving SUV's.
Retirees buy minivans for long trips. Minivans today average close to 25MPG on highway-- hybrids shine in city driving- the mpg gain in a minivan would be outstripped by cost.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts