Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that included maintenance on my car is done, anyone have any good fair-priced places to get the oil changed, brake pads replaced and other repairs that may come up? I know Jiffy Lubes suck, so anyone have a good mechanic spot they want to share?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Now that included maintenance on my car is done, anyone have any good fair-priced places to get the oil changed, brake pads replaced and other repairs that may come up? I know Jiffy Lubes suck, so anyone have a good mechanic spot they want to share?
I'm using the shop below for over one year. Very honest and pretty cheap.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,431 Posts
I go out of my way to go to jacks auto repair in sunrise it is on 44th and pine island. They are not necessarily cheap but the do very good work, and sometimes when you go to cheap wkth mechanics you end up spending more money.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
I've been going to to HAC (Hialeah Auto Center) for about 10 years now. Most honest family owned mechanic shop I have ever seen. I used to get an estimate from the dealership before getting work done there, and they always quoted me about 50% less and did a fantastic job.

·
Registered
982 Posts
May not be possible for you granted your living situation. But if you have the option, paying someone to change your brake pads and change your oil is just throwing away money, I mean it isn't like we make much.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
May not be possible for you granted your living situation. But if you have the option, paying someone to change your brake pads and change your oil is just throwing away money, I mean it isn't like we make much.
I would change the oil and brake pads myself if I had a driveway and tools. I used to do it all the time with my dad when I was a kid. Another negative about living in a downtown condo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts