Uber Drivers Forum banner

Best Place in Baton Rouge To Have Vomit cleaned up?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  stevedmc 
#1 ·
Where are the best places in Baton Rouge to have somebody's vomit cleaned up? If you clean it up yourself it's so hard to get that god awful smell out. Where is best place to get it cleaned?

#4 ·
Benny's has stopped cleaning any sort of biohazard. Best thing you can do is clean most of it on your own (so it doesn't look like vomit) and then take it there for the custom interior clean. They will spray a chemical that removes the odor. Then put a bowl of white vinegar overnight in the car and sprinkle an entire can of baking soda over the affected area overnight. Vacuum the next morning and you should be good.

If you go to Benny's and haven't touched it, they won't touch it. I wouldn't even say what it is. Just tell them someone spilled a drink or something.

You could also try H20 Auto Spa on Jefferson Hwy. Otherwise you would need to find a mobile detailing guy.

#5 ·
This is why you NEVER pickup a passenger with a rating of 4.5 or less late at night or on a day that involves alcohol.
I picked up a 3 star passenger when I was two weeks into the uber experience. It was around midnight. He puked in my car with no warning whatsoever.

Before I could stop to kick him out of my car he puked again.

I then spent the next two hours cleaning my car at Walmart on College Drive. I went through four rolls of paper towels just to get my car presentable.

The next day I ended up taking all thr carpet and plastic trim out of my car. I presume washed and disinfected everything except for the dash board. Amazingly he didn't get vomit on the dash.

My advice is to take the car apart and pressure wash everything. That's thr only sure way to get that crap out of your car.

Keep in mind that a 4.8 star passenger is usually better than a 5 star. Uber gives 5 stars to all passengers before they have even completed their first trip.

#6 ·
What's the procedure if this happens to report it to UBER? And what will they do?
I've heard they will automatically charge the customer $100 to $200 cleaning fee?
But I also heard they require you to send them a receipt for the cost of your cleaning and they will reimburse you? And you'd need to include a photo of the area damaged?

Does anyone know for sure? If you've done this before, please share the details.
Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.