Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help create a list of songs to put Chicago riders in a 5 Star mood...
I'm kind of looking for a 45 minute play time that I can cue up for each passenger.

This covers about a 12 minute trip.

Don't Stop Believing-Journey
Jump-Van Halen
Another One Bites The Dust-Queen
Girls Just Want To Have Fun-Cindy Lauper

·
Registered
308 Posts
With the exception of "Girls just want to have fun", I would like that playlist... who knows what a passenger would like. I know I'd go crazy after a week of having the same 45 min on a loop.

I've heard of people offering control to the pax. I've only been at it one weekend, but I mostly don't, and my ratings are fine.

I've had a few trips where google estimated 30-45 min. At that point I've offered "since the ride is so long, I can disconnect my bluetooth and let you play yours if you would like". Every pax has declined.

I've got all my music on an old phone, playing through the stereo's bluetooth (or aux if you have that). My OCD has my music sorted pretty well by genre, so if they said "can we listen to country" I would be able to oblige pretty easily at a red-light. I've got the navigation in my ear on another bluetooth, so it doesn't interrupt the music. The in ear bluetooth ($50)... and so far 3 bottles of water... were the only non-essential investment I made for uber (beyond cleaning which I'd do anyway, and the inspection fee)

If you don't have bluetooth or aux and a spare player, maybe a few CDs of different genres JUST IN CASE they ask. Otherwise it's like any friend of mine "my car, my music".

I listen to mostly classic rock and rock. I don't offer the music to the passenger (as stated), unless it's a long ride. I skip songs that I think might be offensive. I keep the music mostly soft and non-offensive (the songs on your list would be fine in my opinion). I keep the volume moderatly low, so I can hear them if I need to, and tune them out if they're talking to themselves.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sorry that I didn't help you name any songs. Just pointed out reasons why I wouldn't worry about it.

3am. Closer to Free. Drops of Jupiter. As an olive branch, there's three songs from my playlist that most people would not hate. Turns out none of those were the classic rock I said I mostly listened too, but I never said it was a well researched olive branch.

·
Registered
308 Posts
As an aside: Sublime - Wrong Way, is one of the songs I like, but skip if it comes on. If you don't know it the first line is "Annie's twelve years old, in two more she'll be a *****".

My hand was darting to the radio when the girl in the back seat started belting it out. We had a laugh, and I got to turn it up :)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I always played Chicago in a perpetual loop. Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is (Does Anybody Even Care?) always helped calm nerves in traffic jams and If You Leave Me Now always made for a dramatic pax drop off.

Don't Stop Believin'? (there is no such thing as "south Detroit").

Tourists always enjoyed this tune recorded in Chicago too.....

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I catch a lot of people humming to music from the 80's on 8.

It was just a fun thread anyway. Was just looking for a decent list.

Take me home tonight-Eddy Money
Take me Home-Phil Collins
Drive-Cars

Again. All from the 80's.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I realized after my over serious post you were being light. I can play along, I love music. You didn't specify 80s before

All girls love Tom Petty for some reason, so American Girl has to be on there.

The Breakup Song (They Don't Write 'em) - The Greg Kihn Band. (Everyone knows this song, but no one knows what it's really called, or who wrote it)

"Eye of the Tiger"? Don't know if we want to rile people up, I can see drunk guys boxing your seat. Again, everyone knows it.

"Billy Jean"? "Mr Roboto"? I bet both of those get some traction. "Love is a Battlefield" maybe?

"I Want a New Drug"... does anyone like Heuy Lewis besides me? Love brass. Not enough brass in music today.

I think that's enough playing along for one day. More in a couple days if the thread survives. Let other people chime in.

I think some Michael Jackson is necessary if you're capturing the 80s, and I don't think American Girl was from the 80s (can't be bothered to look it up), but I think those are my two most solid suggestions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts