Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

InstaRyde launches on Friday, December 1

You spoke and we listened. We have created a brand-new bonus structure that guarantees you per-ride bonuses-the highest in Canada.
(scroll down for a detailed break-down)

FIRST, those of you who want to drive for InstaRyde but who have not yet downloaded the app, download the app now! We cannot approve you as a driver if you haven't registered on the app. On Android? Download the app today on Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.instaryde.android&hl=en
Apple? Download the app today on the App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/instaryde/id948357626?mt=8

SECOND, if you have not yet submitted your documents OR any documents have expired or been updated since you sent them to us, SUBMIT your documents now. We cannot approve you if we do not have your complete and up-to-date documents.

Email pictures of the following to [email protected]
1. Driver's Licence
2a. Vehicle Registration - front
2b. Vehicle Registration - back
3. Vehicle Insurance
4. Proof of Eligibility to Work in Canada (e.g., Passport, SIN document, citizenship card, Canadian birth certificate)
5. Uber screenshot (with number of trips and rating clearly visible)
6. Vehicle Safety Inspection
Tip: Check out www.instassc.ca if you need a new safety inspection (at a good price!)

THIRD, launch the app on December 1st, 2017-that's this Friday!-and start driving.

FOURTH, earn more money, quicker! We revised the bonus structure because you told us to! Now we have guaranteed, per-ride bonuses.

For your first 50 trips
Complete 50 trips within 30 days of your first ride
And earn a bonus of $6 per completed ride, up to $300.

For your next 350 trips
Do an additional 350 trips within 90 days of your first ride
and earn a bonus of $2 per completed ride, up to $700.

(Bonuses will be paid out on a weekly basis.)

InstaRyde, the local ridesharing option, would love to have you. See you on the road, everyone.

www.instaryde.com

InstaRyde office:
425 Alness St.
Toronto

Office hours:
Mon-Thurs: 09:30am-7:00pm
Friday: Launch Day! Drive!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Serious question: What are the chances of getting 50 ride requests in 30 days?

Before i invest on another safety certificate, can you guys guarantee I'll get any?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts

Before i invest on another safety certificate, can you guys guarantee I'll get any?
The same chance you have of actually seeing any of these 'driver bonuses' they're advertising. I predict they'll run out of operating cash in less than a month (again) and maybe even make up another grandiose fable of wide spread credit card fraud to avoid paying the drivers stupid enough to fall for their £*%!? (again).

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
I just dont belive that these guys actually have the cash to pay these promos. Just look at the promos that they are offering to drivers. They are operating at a net loss on each ride after you calcuate their promotions. Now, turn to the passenger side of the business. Insta ryde will have to provide them with discounts to attract them to their app. Now, their already net loss will only get bigger. Do these guys have the cash flow to withstand the loss that they will incur? These guys are not going pay their drivers again and, vanish in two months.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The app should have the launch date right on map screen. Especially since it's been pushed back now.

I currently see 'No cars available' each time I log on. Most riders will delete the app and never look back if they see this even once.

·
Premium Member
17,942 Posts

The same chance you have of actually seeing any of these 'driver bonuses' they're advertising. I predict they'll run out of operating cash in less than a month (again) and maybe even make up another grandiose fable of wide spread credit card fraud to avoid paying the drivers stupid enough to fall for their £*%!? (again).
I just dont belive that these guys actually have the cash to pay these promos. Just look at the promos that they are offering to drivers. They are operating at a net loss on each ride after you calcuate their promotions. Now, turn to the passenger side of the business. Insta ryde will have to provide them with discounts to attract them to their app. Now, their already net loss will only get bigger. Do these guys have the cash flow to withstand the loss that they will incur? These guys are not going pay their drivers again and, vanish in two months.
Totally agree with you guys, hence why I was posting about the loss the company is willing to take during the initial phase with their bonuses and whatnot. I sure hope their math is good and they have enough to withstand that initial period to gain the customer base, otherwise yeah, the history will repeat itself. As for me, I will remain on the sidelines and hear from you fellow drivers who are willing to jump on their offers. Good luck.

I suggest, you all cash out every day (or as frequently as humanly possible lol). It's murky waters. You are "partnering" up with the unknown. In my eyes, the risks out weight the benefits, but to each its own.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Maybe Instaryde should team up with Facedrive. Then we would only need to read one single thread from a rideshare company that threatens to launch every few months :D

·
Premium Member
8,389 Posts
Totally agree with you guys, hence why I was posting about the loss the company is willing to take during the initial phase with their bonuses and whatnot. I sure hope their math is good and they have enough to withstand that initial period to gain the customer base, otherwise yeah, the history will repeat itself. As for me, I will remain on the sidelines and hear from you fellow drivers who are willing to jump on their offers. Good luck.

I suggest, you all cash out every day (or as frequently as humanly possible lol). It's murky waters. You are "partnering" up with the unknown. In my eyes, the risks out weight the benefits, but to each its own.
I'm happy to wait on the sidelines before signing up. If some of the trusted posters on here get rides (and paid in turn...) I might consider it.

·
Premium Member
17,942 Posts
Haha, um, no!
I think to win the hearts of the drivers you should provide each driver with a $500 sign up bonus, and additional $500 conditional based on how many rides they complete in the first 30 days. Of course this is subject to how many rides are actually available in that particular location.

Haha, um, no!
Or at least provide us with a target of rides you need to have completed with in a time frame to stay solvent :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If I log into the driver section of the app and I see 'Approved'... I'm good to go on Friday?
Hi Weekend Warrior,

Yes, this is exactly right. You are good to go already. We also have some approved drivers who are pending who will see a status change to approved prior to launch.

We can guarantee you a bonus of $6/ride for all of those first 50 rides within 30 days. So that's a guarantee. We also ask that if you're currently already driving for Uber that you provide us with your most recent safety and if we need an updated one, we can talk with you directly about helping you get one at a discount/on us. Have you downloaded the app and signed up as a driver, JohnSavage? Have you sent us all of your documents, including the safety you have?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts