Uber Drivers Forum banner

Besides the deFacto Prius, favorite hybrid?

5K views 58 replies 13 participants last post by  StickShiftUber 
#1 Ā·
Looking to replace my totaled 2011 Sonata 6-speed (sniff), would like something similar size but maybe hybrid. Doesn't have to be a Sonata. Looking for decent repair history, want to keep cost of operation down (duh). Prius seems a little small to me, but I don't think an XL-size ride is worth the extra $$ in my market.

#3 Ā·
So you have no xL business in your market at all, even if you only made an extra $100 per week that would an extra $5,000 per year in earnings

#6 Ā·
I only have experience with two hybrids, my wifes 2017 Honda accord, and my 2016 Ford Fusion The honda only has been driven 30,000 miles The Ford has 130,000 miles on the clock and both are getting the same 40-45 mpg Our experience with the Honda isnt relevant to a full time rideshare driver I I haven had the fusion long enough to make any judgement. except to say..so far so good

#9 Ā·
I also had the Ford fusion hybrid SE 2015 it was rated at 44/44, could I maintain 44/44 I could actually maintain about 42 to 43 I did that for about 3 months then I got tired of driving the way it is required to achieve that and I guess start driving normally and I was able to maintain about 38 miles per gallon.

#23 Ā·
A passenger may also choose comfort because they get a higher rated driver and less chance of a clown driver and clown car showing up.

#31 Ā·
Current frontrunner is a 2019 Ford Fusion SE hybrid with 44500 miles. Hopefully picking it up Monday afternoon, unless something better crops up before then.

Really want that 2017 Accord 6-speed, but hybrid is what I feel is financially responsible for my family. Unless the battery craps out, of course.....lol....?

#34 Ā·
Toyota's hybrid system is the most mature and the one which makes the most sense, and that includes their plugin hybrid. Others' not so much. Check out Hybrid Chrysler Pacifica. The stupidity and over-engineering in that thing will make you cringe. It is plain stupid. Ford was smart enough to not go the stupid route and they simply copied Toyota.

Watch Chrysler's stupidity. If anyone buys this stupid thing, then they should be ready to have a miserable experience after 100,000 miles. Everything will fall apart and it will be cheaper to leave it in a junkyard then to fix it

#54 Ā·
Ok, I bought the 2019 Fusion hybrid. Nice whip, 44MPG on the way home.

Now the inspection....used Rideshare Mechanics (online/Zoom inspection). Seems they filled out the wrong (non-California) form, Gryft won't take it. They also won't take the Uber form, but Uber support doesn't know why. I spent the whole day getting the car registered, smogged (really?? a 2019??), insured, and loaded for driving. Not too happy right now, I haven't had a car for almost a month, I need to get back on the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.