Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my totaled 2011 Sonata 6-speed (sniff), would like something similar size but maybe hybrid. Doesn't have to be a Sonata. Looking for decent repair history, want to keep cost of operation down (duh). Prius seems a little small to me, but I don't think an XL-size ride is worth the extra $$ in my market.

· Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Looking to replace my totaled 2011 Sonata 6-speed (sniff), would like something similar size but maybe hybrid. Doesn't have to be a Sonata. Looking for decent repair history, want to keep cost of operation down (duh). Prius seems a little small to me, but I don't think an XL-size ride is worth the extra $$ in my market.
So you have no xL business in your market at all, even if you only made an extra $100 per week that would an extra $5,000 per year in earnings

· Premium Member
3,886 Posts
$100 extra per week maybe a couple months in the summer....then X rates at XL gas mileage the rest of the year is my point.
Well whatever x class hybrid car you choose make sure you Google and find out the real world mpg, cuz a lot of these hybrid MPG ratings on these hybrid cars are very much over inflated,

I am not saying MPG rating is a lie, I'm saying the techniques required to achieve those MPG ratings driving Uber every day for hours at a time gets very fatiguing and very freaking boring.

· Premium Member
5,420 Posts
I only have experience with two hybrids, my wifes 2017 Honda accord, and my 2016 Ford Fusion The honda only has been driven 30,000 miles The Ford has 130,000 miles on the clock and both are getting the same 40-45 mpg Our experience with the Honda isnt relevant to a full time rideshare driver I I haven had the fusion long enough to make any judgement. except to say..so far so good

· Premium Member
3,886 Posts
I only have experience with two hybrids, my wifes 2017 Honda accord, and my 2016 Ford Fusion The honda only has been driven 30,000 miles The Ford has 130,000 miles on the clock and both are getting the same 40-45 mpg Our experience with the Honda isnt relevant to a full time rideshare driver I I haven had the fusion long enough to make any judgement. except to say..so far so good
I also had the Ford fusion hybrid SE 2015 it was rated at 44/44, could I maintain 44/44 I could actually maintain about 42 to 43 I did that for about 3 months then I got tired of driving the way it is required to achieve that and I guess start driving normally and I was able to maintain about 38 miles per gallon.

· Registered
88 Posts
Toyota Sienna. I love mine and gets 36mpg. Everyone that steps foot inside can't believe it's a minivan. I do rideshare on the side and have 3 kids so great on all fronts. Pricey though.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

· Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Honda Accord Hybrid... I've commented on this before. Awesome. Rock solid reliability. Doesn't look like a prius. Roomy. EPA 47mpg, my real world experience is an average of 40-42. I live in hilly country, I don't drive like a grandma, and half of my miles are highway 80mph.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

· Registered
4,117 Posts
just checked the eligibilites from Uber, odd list.
Yeah, the entire Comfort product itself just seems stupid because it's such a hodgepodge listing of what could show up for you as a customer. I'm sure as hell not gonna pay extra for the uncertainty lottery. Maybe there are enough fools out there to just waste their money.

· Premium Member
1,717 Posts
Maybe there are enough fools out there to just waste their money.
Most certainly there are.

Many PAX have told me they choose whichever is fastest for pickup (in minutes). This can be any of the categories and some people just don't care, they just don't want to wait.

Others, choose whichever is cheapest. Although I can't imagine a scenario where Comfort is cheaper than X - but on the PAX end who knows?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts