Uber Drivers Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Oh man, I can't wait for the part where you tell us the owner's cousin's sister's former divorce lawyer's neighbor is having an affair with the sheriff.
It’s the sheriff’s former deputy who happens to be getting hormone treatments. I made a hormone once. I kicked her in the shins. Oh dear. Have you seen my baseball?

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
Ben's story would have had him leaving church to pick up his biggest customer (his mom) after giving everyone communion because the assistant priest was hit by a meteor, and the head priest found Ben was qualified because he used to be a friar (at a greasy spoon)..

And Ben would have saved a puppy. (because Ben is always the hero--spoiler alert!)

View attachment 613630
And the puppy owner stiffed Ben by ordering X and not Pet, but they gave 4 stars. Always room for improvement!

·
Premium Member
1,195 Posts
Bem so good he puts stickers on his home 'steada his car, 'cause he Uber Uber.
View attachment 614526
Oh wait, he ain't.
No, he's starting a new business. Gonna compete with AirBNB. Planning to market the idea to Uber and Lyft soon, so people can use those apps to reserve a room in his house at an hourly rate. Just as soon as the insurance man calls him back!

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
So, my Mom pulled over to the side of the road to call me and my wife after Biscuit died. First time I was able to cry.

She realized that she was in the exact same spot where we literally rescued a scrawny puppy, a malnourished and abandoned black lab, when I was a child. I jumped out to scoop him off the middle of the road, busy divided highway - second I closed the door and put him on my lap, traffic started rushing by - no cars at all after she braked to avoid hitting him and I picked him up. We named him Lucky.

Not only did she realize that she was in that exact spot, she also saw a semi truck with "Lucky Dog" on the side, parked on the shoulder.

Second passenger of the day, no other than the owner of Lucky Dog Industries LLC - great man, he mainly handles waste management for a huge part of the state.

I may post a video of our trip but probably not. He agreed that it was no coincidence at all, PAY ATTENTION to the universe! Great conversation about business, marriage, and life. His dog, always with him in the office? A black lab named Opie.

Nice tip and a shirt that I will wear with pride.

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread
White Sleeve Grey Font Cool

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Assurance Bond submitted to the underwriter today by my much loved insurance agent, Chris, should have a result tomorrow afternoon.

Next up, commercial tags, then insurance. :)

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Four quotes

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Bond is $246 for $25k, DMV is about $50.

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thankfully, my wife shoved my ass out of bed and I drove during the day for a change - $110 and some change between around 1 to 7:30pm.
Tomorrow, meeting with my insurance agent and shooting a promotional video for a GoFundMe (or similar, possibly just on my Facebook page) campaign. A little birdie told me that people are just waiting to chip in. Asking for enough to cover the first year's expenses (namely insurance), which really isn't bad at all.
You know he's going to hit up his mom again. A guy who can't get himself out of bed dreams he's going to do RideShare better than Uber and Lyft...what could go wrong? 🤣

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Bonded, insured hopefully soon 😂

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Is the bonding to confirm that the employees or proprietor do not have a criminal conviction or criminal record?
Learning a lot doing this. So is my broker.

Basically, it is a requirement so that I can be sued (it provides a $25k bond) and serves as, well, "Ben isn't a dick and his company is legit" 😂

Need five character references that aren't related, I have at least ten. Going down the list of my favs right now. Plus a witness for one DMV document.

So, when you see "Bonded & Insured", that's this. :)

61 - 80 of 88 Posts