Uber Drivers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

Registered
Even his cardiologist agreed. There was something about Biscuit. And he vowed to me that he is going to do everything in his power to make sure that the ER he shares a building with will do better - while they were ultimately fantastic (funny what over $3k, mostly refunded) will do - Biscuit deserved better. We deserved better.

I thought the lady was insane for many years. When my Mom called me out of the blue to ask me why I was having chest pain (I was, and I ignored it like all men do), and I hadn't told a soul - I started listening.

Driving from New Jersey to Biscuit's first home on Monday, her car's infotainment system started going crazy. Screen eventually went black. "Okay, Biscuit, I'll call daddy".

I hadn't been able to cry yet. I was dealing with my wife, dealing with his remains, making plans to be an advocate for him.

She called, I finally grieved. She stopped to look around, she was exactly where she and I scooped up a starving black lab together when I was a child. We named him Lucky. Same exact spot. Turned to the lane he was in, running around traffic, a truck was on the shoulder - "The Lucky Dog" written on the side.

She later explained that his soul is working through electricity, which is the sign of an incredibly strong entity. Again, OK, Mom.

Tuesday morning. Power flickered. Ground crew working on the complex. Power went out, just long enough for the guy with a weedwhacker to walk past our door. I heard Biscuit bark - no other dogs in our wing right now and I know his bark well, especially his alert.

Power out in a half mile radius, just for about a minute. No storm, no wreck.

Call me crazy, just as I did my Mom, don't really give a shit. We've pretty much all already agreed we have aliens. 馃槀
Storyboard:
  • Guy and his dog have the same cardiologist.
  • Dog is now dead.
  • Guy is having chest pains.
  • Wife just went into the ER.
  • Power is flickering.
  • Loose souls wandering throughout the city
  • Dead dog barking
Dude better check for Ectoplasmic Residue and start makin' calls.

Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Another update, I recently learned a lot about my previous employer. As I already suspected, there's something deeply wrong with the man - but, really, more with his girlfriend (he's been divorced several times, I think I'm older or about the same age).

Told the source that I really don't need any gossip (and I hope he comes to work for me), I still pray for my old boss.

Nobody wants to be an affiliate for him, apparently - yet I have the largest company in the region considering me for their airport coverage.

All over the place, folks. Car was broken into last night - locked, no damage, just shit everywhere. Nothing worth taking. Completing the police report, a neighbor walked up to report the same. She lost some gift cards.

"Elizabeth" was violated but she'll get over it. And her dash cam will be hard wired by Wednesday, GPS monitoring by next weekend 馃槀

Premium Member
Drove an hour way to a DMV in a key service area (and where I last provided 911 coverage as a paramedic) because I knew they would help me. DMV is about to shut down again, 90 day appointment schedule.

Paperwork in hand! 鈾

Launched on Facebook, don't even have a logo yet, word already spreading.
You remind me of the little old, bored and lonely lady "S" personality, whom I made the huge mistake of asking after church how her week went.

Apparently she had a flat tire at work one day. But the story went something like this:

"So I left the office on my lunch break to get some lunch, and drove to [some restaurant]. I spent 20 minutes of my 30 minute break inside, waiting for my food. It was so frustrating. And then I walked back out to my car, opened my door, got in the car, and closed my door. I started the engine and just as I was about to back out of my parking spot, I saw a note under my wiper blade. So I shut my car off, unbuckled my seatbelt and opened my car door. I retrieved the note and it said, "You have a flat tire.""

"Well, I was already out of my car, so I looked at the front left tire; it was okay. Then the left rear tire. Also okay. I walked around the other side of my car, and sure enough my right rear tire was flat. Can you believe that? My week started out at lunch with a right-rear flat tire. So I called my husband, and he told me to call Triple-A. I didn't have their number, so I walked across the street to the gas station and..."

...at this point, I was staring at the icons on the wall, hoping her story ended soon. All she had to do was say, "I had a flat tire on Monday, and that's how my week began."

But no, she gave me every unimportant detail possible. And that's how I know Ben is just like that little old, bored and lonely lady "S" personality.

Premium Member
Another update, I recently learned a lot about my previous employer. As I already suspected, there's something deeply wrong with the man - but, really, more with his girlfriend (he's been divorced several times, I think I'm older or about the same age).

Told the source that I really don't need any gossip (and I hope he comes to work for me), I still pray for my old boss.

Nobody wants to be an affiliate for him, apparently - yet I have the largest company in the region considering me for their airport coverage.

All over the place, folks. Car was broken into last night - locked, no damage, just shit everywhere. Nothing worth taking. Completing the police report, a neighbor walked up to report the same. She lost some gift cards.

"Elizabeth" was violated but she'll get over it. And her dash cam will be hard wired by Wednesday, GPS monitoring by next weekend 馃槀
Oh man, I can't wait for the part where you tell us the owner's cousin's sister's former divorce lawyer's neighbor is having an affair with the sheriff.

Premium Member
Guys, seriously stop being haters! Dude lost his dog and his wife was in the ER. Chill the F out. If you don't like Ben's stories you don't have to read them.

You gotta hand it to dude for perseverance alone, keeps getting up after getting knocked down. #Chumbawumba
The purpose of posting stories is to get reactions and responses. If people don't like ALL the reactions and responses, then they have two choices: don't post their stories, or ignore the reactions and responses they don't like.

Registered
You remind me of the little old, bored and lonely lady "S" personality,
Ben's story would have had him leaving church to pick up his biggest customer (his mom) after giving everyone communion because the assistant priest was hit by a meteor, and the head priest found Ben was qualified because he used to be a friar (at a greasy spoon)..

And Ben would have saved a puppy. (because Ben is always the hero--spoiler alert!)

Forehead Chin Muscle Tie Dress shirt

Premium Member
Ben's story would have had him leaving church to pick up his biggest customer (his mom) after giving everyone communion because the assistant priest was hit by a meteor, and the head priest found Ben was qualified because he used to be a friar (at a greasy spoon)..

And Ben would have saved a puppy. (because Ben is always the hero--spoiler alert!)

View attachment 613630
Hmmm... and you've been a member for a whole 18 days.

Registered
Doesn't take long to recognize his storyline is always the same:
Uplifting tragedy starring everyday hero.
Like Hallmark movies: Seen one, seen 'em all.

Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
What am I missing? 馃槀

Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Ohhh got it. Someone spouting off that I've put on Ignore 馃槀

Reactions: SpinalCabbage

Registered
Other acceptable answers would include:
Captivated by his tale, I went back and read all of his old messages.
What am I missing? 馃槀
Ohhh got it. Someone spouting off that I've put on Ignore 馃槀
To be fair, I previously read some of his older threads to see if he was just having a bad run in life. (It happens...maybe cut the guy slack.)

He's often disjoint when writing--this thread actually made me wonder if his whole family was canine, or he's a Furry, or [something else], so I asked.

His "I'm a star and this is for my loyal fans" attitude toward people in general...jeez buddy, you ain't no Kardashian...and his acting like one is probably why is he where he is.

Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Getting ready to go to bed, think I just spotted the crew that broke into my car. So I'll be up later than I want to be for the Nth day

Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Car broken into a second time, even with a Post It note saying it's not worth it 馃槀 At this point I think they're just messing with me and it's very possible that they cloned my fob signal. A detective with Richmond PD is assigned to the case, both for me and others.

Drove to a DMV office first thing (even before coffee) an hour away on Thursday working off a hot tip that offices were shutting down again on Friday. Without an appointment, out of breath, they gave me exactly the paperwork that I need to get this thing off the ground. Spoke with the correct department yesterday, should be a fairly quick and painless filing process.

Had a video conference with my CFO yesterday morning, calculated operating expenses. Definitely doable, five days a week and at least two trips a day to break even (roughly $40/day - factoring in worst case scenario costs).

Tomorrow, meeting with my insurance agent and shooting a promotional video for a GoFundMe (or similar, possibly just on my Facebook page) campaign. A little birdie told me that people are just waiting to chip in. Asking for enough to cover the first year's expenses (namely insurance), which really isn't bad at all. Lifetime free routine maintenance on my car.

That's the latest. Unable to drive on either Uber or Lyft at the moment due to completely incompetent "support" - SO looking forward to slapping on my commercial tags, making me exempt from driving for these morons. Looking like three weeks from now.

Premium Member
Car broken into a second time, even with a Post It note saying it's not worth it 馃槀 At this point I think they're just messing with me and it's very possible that they cloned my fob signal. A detective with Richmond PD is assigned to the case, both for me and others.
View attachment 613860
Drove to a DMV office first thing (even before coffee) an hour away on Thursday working off a hot tip that offices were shutting down again on Friday. Without an appointment, out of breath, they gave me exactly the paperwork that I need to get this thing off the ground. Spoke with the correct department yesterday, should be a fairly quick and painless filing process.

Had a video conference with my CFO yesterday morning, calculated operating expenses. Definitely doable, five days a week and at least two trips a day to break even (roughly $40/day - factoring in worst case scenario costs).

Tomorrow, meeting with my insurance agent and shooting a promotional video for a GoFundMe (or similar, possibly just on my Facebook page) campaign. A little birdie told me that people are just waiting to chip in. Asking for enough to cover the first year's expenses (namely insurance), which really isn't bad at all. Lifetime free routine maintenance on my car.

That's the latest. Unable to drive on either Uber or Lyft at the moment due to completely incompetent "support" - SO looking forward to slapping on my commercial tags, making me exempt from driving for these morons. Looking like three weeks from now.
You need to contact this dude:

Have him hook you up with a glitterbomb.

Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
You need to contact this dude:

Have him hook you up with a glitterbomb.
Love his stuff. 馃槀

Going to be installing a motion sensor for my dash cam and hard wiring it, in addition to live GPS tracking.

Parked right in front of frigging occupied apartments. They popped my trunk (empty) sometime between 9:30 am and 11:30 am. Zeroing in on the possible apartment, next to where I parked the night before. Friend's car was also hit, just a few spots away and locked.

Registered
Hey Bem, thanks for another self-centered update on you and how you feel about things--and your failings, which of course are never your fault.

You know what the problem is Bem, you're selling "you" with a scam that temps with one thing but delivers another. You turn RideShare into marketing yourself when people wanted a ride. Church into you, power outage into you, who knows if this car thing exists--but it's about you. Like you're EMINEM but without the investment or fan base, but unlike him you got no taste, going no place, such a disgrace.

Premium Member
Ben, I'm a fast reader. Sometimes I miss an important part. In this case the "pup" part. That was your only indication that the "son" was a freaking dog.
I was thinking how the F could this dude be posting on this board during this horrible time!
Anyway.....don't do that again....:)

Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
At the old homestead, where this path began, getting my car ready for showtime - shooting a brief video for Facebook and fundraising efforts today. :)

Trade dress off (for now, still stuck with it for another two or three weeks)

Premium Member
Hey Bem, thanks for another self-centered update on you and how you feel about things--and your failings, which of course are never your fault.

You know what the problem is Bem, you're selling "you" with a scam that temps with one thing but delivers another. You turn RideShare into marketing yourself when people wanted a ride. Church into you, power outage into you, who knows if this car thing exists--but it's about you. Like you're EMINEM but without the investment or fan base, but unlike him you got no taste, going no place, such a disgrace.
"Like you're EMINEM but without the investment or fan base, but unlike him you got no taste, going no place, such a disgrace."

Oh! The hedgehog has bars!.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts