Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Drove an hour way to a DMV in a key service area (and where I last provided 911 coverage as a paramedic) because I knew they would help me. DMV is about to shut down again, 90 day appointment schedule.

Paperwork in hand! ♥

Launched on Facebook, don't even have a logo yet, word already spreading.

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi Ben, So sorry to hear that you have lost one of a family member. :cry:
Thank you. ♥ I am his advocate, working very hard to assure that no one else has to have such a difficult time at the facility he was to and that ALL staff realizes that they are indeed treating a family member.

Reactions: Wildgoose

·
Premium Member
2015 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L
635 Posts
Guys, seriously stop being haters! Dude lost his dog and his wife was in the ER. Chill the F out. If you don't like Ben's stories you don't have to read them.

You gotta hand it to dude for perseverance alone, keeps getting up after getting knocked down. #Chumbawumba

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Guys, seriously stop being haters! Dude lost his dog and his wife was in the ER. Chill the F out. If you don't like Ben's stories you don't have to read them.

You gotta hand it to dude for perseverance alone, keeps getting up after getting knocked down. #Chumbawumba
It's all good. I'm just ignoring these days.

Thanks Ted ♥

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Oh, and someone went through my car last night, trying to take a break before I file a report on that 😂 🤦‍♂️

Auto locking, something definitely fishy there.

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
Premium Member
12,432 Posts
Drove an hour way to a DMV in a key service area (and where I last provided 911 coverage as a paramedic) because I knew they would help me. DMV is about to shut down again, 90 day appointment schedule.

Paperwork in hand! ♥

Launched on Facebook, don't even have a logo yet, word already spreading.
How many pages did your business plan end up? My RS ended up 87 pages. My car rental company is at 23 and growing.

Reactions: Benjamin M

·
Premium Member
2015 Honda Accord Hybrid EX-L
635 Posts
This one is for everyone who is shuffing... it's 4:24 long... perfect time to start rolling around the corner

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
How many pages did your business plan end up? My RS ended up 87 pages. My car rental company is at 23 and growing.
Just like back in the day of project management when I was in IT, I'm using a modified Kanban board on Trello. Daily contact with my CFO (aka Mom), conference tomorrow.

I think I'm up to about 25 "cards" - most under "Done" :)

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
For my 2 cents, take it or leave it, your focus right now needs to be on the 2 main items you need to get going:
  1. Commercial Insurance.
  2. Operating Authority issued by the State
Focus all your efforts on those 2 things and getting them accomplished asap. Doing any marketing at this point is not a priority and may even have negative, unintended consequences. If you start marketing a product you can't yet deliver on:
  1. You may never get interested customers back.
  2. You might leave potential customers with a negative impression of your company (why did I bother calling).
  3. Your competition is fierce and they play dirty pool. They may print out your ads and report you to the state for Operating without Operating Authority causing you big problems.
Get 1 and 2 accomplished, THEN go full boar into marketing and the other stuff.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Miss all my furry children (yes they are children)

Didn't you say you were a former photographer? Look into real estate photography and drone photography. Use those mad skillz!

Good luck with the new driving gig.

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
  1. Commercial Insurance.
Doing those. Launched word of mouth today, PENDING 1 and 2. 😂

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Sorry for your loss. Miss all my furry children (yes they are children)

Didn't you say you were a former photographer? Look into real estate photography and drone photography. Use those mad skillz!

Good luck with the new driving gig.
Thank you. He was our son, went far too early and unexpectedly. I do not think we will ever have another dog, he was just too unique to be replaced.

My wife is grieving, I am as well - between trying to take care of her and make our lives better.

Got a friend that has the market cornered here, that was a LONG time ago and I do not want to mess up his turf.

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
For my 2 cents, take it or leave it, your focus right now needs to be on the 2 main items you need to get going:
  1. Commercial Insurance.
Focus all your efforts on those 2 things and getting them accomplished asap. Doing any marketing at this point is not a priority and may even have negative, unintended consequences. If you start marketing a product you can't yet deliver on:
  1. You may never get interested customers back.
  2. You might leave potential customers with a negative impression of your company (why did I bother calling).
  3. Your competition is fierce and they play dirty pool. They may print out your ads and report you to the state for Operating without Operating Authority causing you big problems.
Get 1 and 2 accomplished, THEN go full boar into marketing and the other stuff.
Oh, as for the rest? Learned that 10 years ago with Company #1 😂

But very sound advice.

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Dogs are 100% better than people. My wife and I have five pugs and they are priceless, precious!
Even his cardiologist agreed. There was something about Biscuit. And he vowed to me that he is going to do everything in his power to make sure that the ER he shares a building with will do better - while they were ultimately fantastic (funny what over $3k, mostly refunded) will do - Biscuit deserved better. We deserved better.

I thought the lady was insane for many years. When my Mom called me out of the blue to ask me why I was having chest pain (I was, and I ignored it like all men do), and I hadn't told a soul - I started listening.

Driving from New Jersey to Biscuit's first home on Monday, her car's infotainment system started going crazy. Screen eventually went black. "Okay, Biscuit, I'll call daddy".

I hadn't been able to cry yet. I was dealing with my wife, dealing with his remains, making plans to be an advocate for him.

She called, I finally grieved. She stopped to look around, she was exactly where she and I scooped up a starving black lab together when I was a child. We named him Lucky. Same exact spot. Turned to the lane he was in, running around traffic, a truck was on the shoulder - "The Lucky Dog" written on the side.

She later explained that his soul is working through electricity, which is the sign of an incredibly strong entity. Again, OK, Mom.

Tuesday morning. Power flickered. Ground crew working on the complex. Power went out, just long enough for the guy with a weedwhacker to walk past our door. I heard Biscuit bark - no other dogs in our wing right now and I know his bark well, especially his alert.

Power out in a half mile radius, just for about a minute. No storm, no wreck.

Call me crazy, just as I did my Mom, don't really give a shit. We've pretty much all already agreed we have aliens. 😂

21 - 40 of 88 Posts