Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Haven't posted in a while. Going to keep this one somewhat brief (I know, imagine that).

Our much loved pup, ultimately - our son (and I don't care if you think that's cliché, you never met him), died in our arms on Monday morning. Mistakes were made, his final hours could have been better, just as my wife's subsequent visit to an ER hours later (me being awake from Saturday morning until nearly Tuesday at 1am) should have been. Just being an advocate for them the best that I can.

Watching our son take his last breath, whispering in his ear, his soul passed me. "Daddy, no more smoking, be with Mommy more". Folks, I have chain smoked through THREE attempts with a drug that has about a 90% success rate. He took care of that.

But, I digress - don't want to get into any weird stuff with potential haters. :D

Working hard on going out on my own and putting this RS stuff in the rear view. One of the largest (really, THE largest) companies in the area is considering me as an affiliate, one nice guy driving one beautiful new Accord. Business name registered, web address registered, Facebook page up - hopefully, within a month, commercial insurance and tags.

Never give up. Work for the best boss you can - hopefully you see them in the mirror (I didn't always, but I am sure glad I had the opportunity to learn from them).

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Life just keeps shi**ing on you, and yet you still see the silver lining. Or is it the golden goose? Maybe it's the gilded brassiere?

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And Ignore. 😂

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the newcomers or sock puppets, this is a thread for those that know me.

Unrelated to the personal details above, our market is tanking fast here. Airport is empty again, barely anyone anting, ridiculous distance between fares, etc etc etc.

Need to scrap together about $5,500 to get rolling (half a year of insurance plus incidentals). Finally locked down a quote yesterday after weeks of trying, 200 mile operating radius. Clients waiting. Fundraising next.

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And, for those that do not know me - disgruntled Uber driver (finally happened - and no, not deactivated) working on going it alone as a private car service.

·
Banned
5,361 Posts
Wow. All that virtue signaling from a chain smoker about masks and vaccines, meanwhile killing God knows how many with his second hand smoke.

Good Luck
Good Grief

Life just keeps shi**ing on you, and yet you still see the silver lining. Or is it the golden goose? Maybe it's the gilded brassiere?
Serenity now.
Insanity later.

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow. All that virtue signaling from a chain smoker about masks and vaccines, meanwhile killing God knows how many with his second hand smoke.

Good Grief

Serenity now.
Insanity later.
Buhbye now

·
Premium Member
2021 Honda Accord EX-L
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reading comprehension - no longer smoking. And never smoked around anyone else.

Feels good to use Ignore. Should have started sooner. 😂

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I have owned many dogs throughout my life,it's never easy to say goodbye,you were there, you didnt wuss out,you have done your duty..im sorry for your loss. good luck on your future endeavours.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
We could petition he get a subforum, but I'm afraid with his luck it would last as long as his limo driving job. 😬
At this rate, he'll be encouraging us all to start our own courier service to have ultra-wealthy people's potbelly pigs chauffeured to the dentist. Gotta get in on a market early, to get all 4 corners!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts