Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I picked up a group of rowdy guys in Newport Beach at 2 am at 3x the rate. They were obnoxious but the pay was good so I drove them. The charge ended up being $195 for the ride and I recieved $155 or so for it. I received that in my paycheck. A week later my next paycheck is short about $95. I find out that I am being forced to repay a majority of that big fare from last week. I have not been contacted by uber about this. This is bull shit, how can they just randomly take money from me.

·
Premium Member
8,788 Posts
Sounds like they are claiming inefficient route or some such and the csr just adjusted it.

It sucks, yes unfair but guess what, happens all the time. You have to be on the lookout for it.

Complain, ask why it was adjusted and demand it back. I've always prevailed when riders try to pull crap like that.

·
Premium Member
9,864 Posts
Taking anything back once played flies in the face of state and federal labor laws. But what do they care and I bet the CSR's have no clue about that.

They got me for 3 bucks that way from 3 weeks ago. And was there Nav system that told me to go that way. **** JWA. never doing another pick up from their again..

Reactions: Huberis

·
Premium Member
8,788 Posts
Taking anything back once played flies in the face of state and federal labor laws. But what do they care and I bet the CSR's have no clue about that.

They got me for 3 bucks that way from 3 weeks ago. And was there Nav system that told me to go that way. **** JWA. never doing another pick up from their again..
I hear you, I've had a rider claim they didn't ride once and I had to fight to get that back. The problem is that labor laws don't have any bearing here because we are currently classified as Independent Contractors. I'll fight them for a dollar, the idea of someone taking money that's mine doesn't sit well with me.

·
Premium Member
9,864 Posts
I thought that might be the case being an IC , but put it out there n e any.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
OP, you are very leaving out very critical information to your story...

So, why did Uber say they were making an adjustment? Did you go the wrong way, did pax not "know" it was 3.0 Surge. Tell us more...

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Taking anything back once played flies in the face of state and federal labor laws.
I don't think so. If a payer pays an incorrect amount of money for something, they are very much within their rights to recoup that money.

That's not to speak to this exact situation, as I don't know the details. I'm speaking only about the incorrect generality that I quoted.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi! I'm not an Uber driver yet but considering it. Thought I'd come here and learn from experienced drivers.

How can a rider underpay? Doesn't the charge go directly to their credit card?

·
Premium Member
9,864 Posts
^^^ The rider complains to uber, "insufficient route", uber then sends a credit back to the card holder, then your earnings get adjusted.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh dear, what a hassle. I hope that doesn't happen too often. I've been an Uber rider several times and every ride was lovely and excellent. I can't imagine people complaining. I know there are jerks in the world, but hopefully fewer than the good, honest passengers. What is your experience with riders overall?

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Oh dear, what a hassle. I hope that doesn't happen too often. I've been an Uber rider several times and every ride was lovely and excellent. I can't imagine people complaining. I know there are jerks in the world, but hopefully fewer than the good, honest passengers. What is your experience with riders overall?
Very mixed. Some are 1st & 2nd timers, some are self entitled and rude, some truly enjoy and appreciate the service.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Uber hopes you don't catch it. Send in the details of the trip and they should fix it.

Reactions: Lag Monkey

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
I'm in a similar situation only I am the one getting screwed... I keep diligent account of my fares and who is on surge and what fares I accept.. I picked up a 1.5 ( Confirmed 1.5 while accepting) only to see the fare was at reg rate after I ended the trip.. I as pissed.. No way bill info and Uber text book response was " The rider always confirm's acceptence of SURGE" Anybody been screwed like this ?

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
I picked up a 1.5 ( Confirmed 1.5 while accepting) only to see the fare was at reg rate after I ended the trip.. I as pissed.. No way bill info and Uber text book response was " The rider always confirm's acceptence of SURGE" Anybody been screwed like this ?
Uber stealing surge

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
Funny thing to is the PAX seemed to know the surge was not in affect or they wanted to see me rate them ( Which has never happened to me) Rate them << They asked " Can we see the total fare cost ? I was shocked as they looked liked " Gotcha"

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Simple Solution to find actual Surge Fare Discrepancies:

If you think the ride should/might be a surge priced ride, you can ask your rider whether they're being charged a surge price. Explain to them that something fishy might be going on with what a Rider pays for a ride in a surge zone, when the Driver receives only non surge priced rides.

I'm sure the riders would be appalled if they are being charged Surge Price while the Drivers receive none of it. They'd be happy to share their receipts with the Driver. The riders already have the Drivers' Uber phone number.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Uber would do this bull all the time due to high surge even when the route was perfect. Why because Uber would rather you loose the money then them pay. They want to keep the customer happy, then they should pay, not the driver.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sorry chi but no one as actually proven that this has happened. The pictures provided are different trips. The driver app is slow to update. Im way pro driver but I need to see proof. We can't belive this without proof. This would be credit card and tax fraud because of how Uber shifts the tax burden to the drivers.

NEVER FOLLOW THE DRIVER APPS SUTGE RATE. ONLY BELIVE THE INCOMING PING SURGE RATE AND THE RIDER APP.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts