Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning on my way into SF around 7:15 am as I way approaching the bay bridge toll plaza, there was was a huge cloud of dust, it was some idiot in a big white pickup cutting across lanes through the dirt gorepoint and onto the bus only flyover.
I don’t get it, there was literally no traffic on the bridge and no wait at the toll plaza.
Why risk a $400-500 ticket, especially when there’s no traffic on the bridge?
He didn’t get pulled over, but if CHP was there, he would have.
BTW, I payed cash on on the bridge and he was literally 10 seconds ahead of me after all that BS he pulled off. Then he exited onto treasure island.
People never cease to amaze me.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have fast track, but if there’s no traffic, I pay cash. I only use fast track when there’s traffic or obviously on the Golden Gate Bridge.
Then it’s easier to keep up with it. I go across the bridge so much, it would be staggering to pay monthly. BTW, be careful with fast track automatic withdrawal, you will check your bank account and find out they unexpectedly took $300 at the most inconvenient time. I walk in and pay instead.

BTW, speaking of SF contractors, you ever notice how their always in a hurry? Any time you see a work truck, they are driving like a bat out of hell.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Actually I do have fast track, but if there's no traffic, I pay cash. I only use fast track when there's traffic or obviously on the Golden Gate Bridge.
Then it's easier to keep up with it. I go across the bridge so much, it would be staggering to pay monthly. BTW, be careful with fast track automatic withdrawal, you will check your bank account and find out they unexpectedly took $300 at the most inconvenient time. I walk in and pay instead.

BTW, speaking of SF contractors, you ever notice how their always in a hurry? Any time you see a work truck, they are driving like a bat out of hell.
I notice they get road rage a lot and can't handle traffic.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Actually I do have fast track, but if there's no traffic, I pay cash. I only use fast track when there's traffic or obviously on the Golden Gate Bridge.
Then it's easier to keep up with it. I go across the bridge so much, it would be staggering to pay monthly. BTW, be careful with fast track automatic withdrawal, you will check your bank account and find out they unexpectedly took $300 at the most inconvenient time. I walk in and pay instead.

I usually find Construction trucks are driven fairly slowly and non-aggressively, if not always very carefully. They can be a good example to us how we could do better.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tragedy here is you drive rideshare and paid cash at a bridge. Why no FasTrak?
I do have fast track, I pay cash only when there's no traffic, that's beside the point. I only mentioned I paid cash in order to illustrate how pointless what he did was. He illegally used the flyover, I stopped to pay cash, he saved 10 seconds while driving recklessly risking a huge ticket.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I do have fast track, I pay cash only when there's no traffic, that's beside the point. I only mentioned I paid cash in order to illustrate how pointless what he did was. He illegally used the flyover, I stopped to pay cash, he saved 10 seconds while driving recklessly risking a huge ticket.
But but but WHY would you ever slow down to hand someone money at the toll plaza? Nostalgia?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts