Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I took the battery yesterday and they took away all the toll station. They use cameras now. Love it!!

They need this on GWB, Lincoln, and Holland! Would save so much time. This really is a bottleneck to traffic at these spots.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Coming soon! By the end of the year ALL MTA crossings. Will have the "Pay by Mail" or EZPass only! Already completed at Batter and Midtown Tunnels. NY State Police are monitoring closing. Cameras get plate and driver. Facial recognition software being used and any toll violators will be stopped immediate, Troppers will be on both sides of all MTA crossings once the booths and bars are gone.

The Bayonne Bridge is now open and toll plaza was eliminated. EZPASS or Pay By Mail there. It will be coming to all Hudson River Crossing eventually, but I haven't seen a timeline for that.

Save a lot of money after they lay off all the toll collectors, salary and pensions.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
Coming soon! By the end of the year ALL MTA crossings. Will have the "Pay by Mail" or EZPass only! Already completed at Batter and Midtown Tunnels. NY State Police are monitoring closing. Cameras get plate and driver. Facial recognition software being used and any toll violators will be stopped immediate, Troppers will be on both sides of all MTA crossings once the booths and bars are gone.

The Bayonne Bridge is now open and toll plaza was eliminated. EZPASS or Pay By Mail there. It will be coming to all Hudson River Crossing eventually, but I haven't seen a timeline for that.

Save a lot of money after they lay off all the toll collectors, salary and pensions.
From what I have read they are not laying off toll takers, they can retire or become enforcement agents pulling you over. Their union is very strong and their contract does not allow straight layoffs to change over to the new system.

·
Registered
847 Posts
From what I have read they are not laying off toll takers, they can retire or become enforcement agents pulling you over. Their union is very strong and their contract does not allow straight layoffs to change over to the new system.
What is early retirement? Same thing as a layoff. Toll workers maybe offered a lump sum of money just to get them off the books...either way, no new jobs and any positions that "retire" will not be replaced

1 - 8 of 8 Posts