Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many batta fulkerson uber cars wrapped. For those who don't know it's the bulldog logo. Am I missing something? I thought any commercial marketing was illegal... I'm not against it, I am just wondering because I have my own business and I would love to wrap my car and promote MY OWN business on MY OWN car. But I haven't done it because I didn't want to break any rules. How do I go about this without getting deactivated?

·
Administrator
8,037 Posts
I'd like to know as well.

Ran into a fellow XL driver on a large group pickup the other day and their car was wrapped. The pax that had to ride in the home health care vehicle were not happy.

·
Registered
682 Posts
If I ever request a ride and you or one of those clowns come up with those ridiculous cars be prepared for me to cancel . After I cancel I will contact uber and have them reimburse me my cancellation fee.

In all seriousness just promote your business , but find other ways than wrapping your dang car !

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was completely sure I would never wrap my car, for any reason, until I drove a passenger who told me how much their business was considering offering to drivers who did it. The number was far more than my rent, and my rent ain't cheap. I went from "Never!" to, "Here's my card, I ain't saying yes, but I won't hang up if you call."

·
Registered
389 Posts
I was completely sure I would never wrap my car, for any reason, until I drove a passenger who told me how much their business was considering offering to drivers who did it. The number was far more than my rent, and my rent ain't cheap. I went from "Never!" to, "Here's my card, I ain't saying yes, but I won't hang up if you call."
Ever hear of magnetic signs?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
So, you're telling me I could be driving around a brand new Tesla S model, paid for
in full by someone desperate enough to wrap it in their businesses advertising?

I don't believe it. But do tell me more :)

The look on Pax faces would be priceless as you stopped to pick them up
in a Chucky Cheese themed ride.

·
Premium Member
3,946 Posts
So, you're telling me I could be driving around a brand new Tesla S model, paid for

Or Pacers.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Or Pacers.
I was going to say that killer Cheetahs sign
That was the exact conversation. He was just feeling out the potential market. First he asked my $ threshold for ads in the car. I said no ads, and I didn't even think it was legit, not to mention if I were going to do it, it would be for my own benefit, not another company's. Then he said, "What would you need to make to agree to have your car wrapped?" I said, I'd never wrap my car. He said, "Would $3k a month be in the range of something that would get past that?" I said, "....hmmmm...pay my rent and more, and the only cost is a bit of embarrassment a few hours a day? It's not impossible. But I have kids and this is my car, so it couldn't be anything at odds with my own perspective." He said, "right, no Cheetahs signs, no Domestic Abuse lawyers." I said, right.

·
Registered
73 Posts
For $3k/mo I'll wrap my car with Trojan condoms on one side... Vagisil on the other.... V!agra on the hood and jock itch cream on the back.

... Hell, for $5k/mo I'd even wrap it with Hillary's ugly ass mug and an "I'm with her" logo. (Maybe... I'd still have to think on this one)
I don't think jock itch cream is supposed to go on the back.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
That was the exact conversation. He was just feeling out the potential market. First he asked my $ threshold for ads in the car. I said no ads, and I didn't even think it was legit, not to mention if I were going to do it, it would be for my own benefit, not another company's. Then he said, "What would you need to make to agree to have your car wrapped?" I said, I'd never wrap my car. He said, "Would $3k a month be in the range of something that would get past that?" I said, "....hmmmm...pay my rent and more, and the only cost is a bit of embarrassment a few hours a day? It's not impossible. But I have kids and this is my car, so it couldn't be anything at odds with my own perspective." He said, "right, no Cheetahs signs, no Domestic Abuse lawyers." I said, right.
Ok, ic.

So he was just throwing out some fictional number, not making an actual offer.

That makes sense.

I can't see a business owner committing to something like this, even for say, 1k per month.

What's to stop the driver from just pocketing the cash, and parking their ride in the driveway
all month?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts