Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do most of my drives with Uber so I'm still a little new with Lyft. So, often when I look at the Lyft driver app screen it shows a pink up arrow with varying percentages, usually 25%-100%. However, whenever I get a ping for a ride, there is no increase showing in the rate ride. I am also in an area that does not have pink squares when I'm seeing this. So is that rate percent for the overall state, (NJ)?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I do most of my drives with Uber so I'm still a little new with Lyft. So, often when I look at the Lyft driver app screen it shows a pink up arrow with varying percentages, usually 25%-100%. However, whenever I get a ping for a ride, there is no increase showing in the rate ride. I am also in an area that does not have pink squares when I'm seeing this. So is that rate percent for the overall state, (NJ)?
The arrow with the percentages are just saying that some place in your area is PrimeTime(surging) currently. If you zoom out of your map, the colored rectangles (orange is light surge, dark pink is high surge).

They make it seem like it's a flat increase to any ride you'll get when you see that arrow and % on the main screen, but if the percentage isn't on the top of the Ping screen, it's not gonna be there. :\

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I just started driving for Lyft again after over a year, and i posted this exact same question just a few weeks ago - so obviously this is very confusing to drivers..
As already posted, it's only the tiny little areas/squares that are getting that higher rate.. 75% of the time i can never even find those spots on the map.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your prompt response. It is just what I had thought. But it certainly is misleading because often the shaded areas are nowhere near where I'm driving. My experience in NJ has been that Lyft is often still at base rates when Uber has surge in the areas I drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts