Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
There is an online bank that is awesome called Chime and it’s free.

They send a debit card and it works with both Lyft and Uber express pay.

You can open a free savings account as well, and there is no issue with credit checks.

Good articles on the bank and concept if you google.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
You deposit like 500 or something like that and chase will give you 100 or 200 every time you open up a checking account lol can’t go wrong with free money

I bank with Citibank but been wanting to change for a while now

·
Registered
391 Posts
BofA or captial one 360. If you don’t care about not having a physical branch to go to, do 360. Otherwise go with BofA

·
Registered
85 Posts
I opted for the Uber ******* bank, GoBank. It's directly linked to Uber Instant Pay debit card. When I'm flush with any extra cash, you just walk up to a Walmart customer service desk and make a cash deposit. No fees ever. Totally free. My Uber instant pay goes in there in less than a minute whenever I cash out. Works great for me.

I opted for the Uber ******* bank, GoBank. It's directly linked to Uber Instant Pay debit card. When I'm flush with any extra cash, you just walk up to a Walmart customer service desk and make a cash deposit. No fees ever. Totally free. My Uber instant pay goes in there in less than a minute whenever I cash out. Works great for me.
I say "*******" because banking at Walmart makes me feel that way.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Credit Unions are like the world used to be before Henry VIII broke the system. Non-profit, non-predatory. Banks are what happened after Henry's protestant revolt against the old, regulated Catholic economy, predatory to the bone. Credit Unions are of course handicapped in modern times, but Credit Union 1 on Fullerton still has shreds and shards of the old deal, and their name, Los Caballeros de San Juan (St. John's Righteous Cowboys) is too cool. Of course they have an online branch and ample access to ATM's. Competitive rates. Even now, five hundred years later.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
What bank account should I apply for. I was with US Bank but hertz messed that up. So any advice fellow drivers.
Don't listen to foolish suggestions. Chase and BofA are requiring at least 1500$ deposit and it can't go lower or They will charge You 10-15$/month.
Find free checking accounts:
TcF free checking
First American Bank free checking
Huntington Asteriks free checking
Capital one 360. Only one ATM in Chicago 24h access. Can deposit cash and checks as well.
Discover interest checking, they use third party ATM. No cash deposits, check deposit through app.
Check some credit unions.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts