Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick up a pax and he says were going to (insert unauthorized drop off/pick up here)
I ask if he had any problems there with rideshare and says no. I figure if anything Lyft wouldn't allow the request.
Almost at the destination, he directed me to take a right turn 1 street before the navigation says to. Place is dead, I'm in and out.
Long story short I end the ride and immediately get a text from Lyft.
2 more times doing that and I get deactivated.
Hoping they don't report it.
I want to report him, but don't want to get on the radar.
Anyway, this guy must have input an address close enough to request the ride and I fell for it.
Anyone get retroactive fines?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I get this post makes sense in your head but the rest of us haven't a clue what happened...

Btw the only "unauthorized" destinations are multiple destinations on Line, navy bases, smaller non-SAN airports, etc.

My guess is you dropped off in a geofence forbidden area which is the only way Lyft could text you immediately after.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys. I tried to keep it vague. Let me try again:
The pax requested a ride and probably was not allowed to enter his destination because it was not rideshare friendly(navy bases, smaller non-SAN airports, etc.. Null got it right about the geofence.)
So he entered a destination NEARBY his INTENDED destination to complete his request.
I pick him up, and he tells me where we're going. (At that point I should've checked with Lyft to see if it was legal to drop off there, because I wasn't 100% sure) It would be my 1st time headed there. (He gave me the right name to the place, but input a different address)
During the ride there, I was concerned I couldn't do a legit drop of at the place, so I question him if he has had problems with rideshare dropoffs there. He says "no", so I continue on. When we get near the pin, he DIVERTED me to his intended destination.

Basically, what he did could have caused me to get a hefty fine and deactivated. I'm sure he knew what he was doing. I know I'm partially responsible because I should have checked if his destination was on a blacklist.
Anyway, Lyft sent me the warning and I hope they don't have to report this to officials. They also said if I do it 3 times they are required to deactivate me.
I'm also worried that I could still get a fine.

Hope this makes a little more sense.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It would be nice if you told us where you dropped him so we all know you can't drop there. You have left out way too much to be good information
Kinda wanted to leave that info out.
I'll give you a hint, it's pretty close to where you live.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I doubt lyft will report you it makes them look bad. It sounds like lyft was saying we have no choice legally but to deactivate you IF you do it again ...2x ... If you drove away with no ticket your likely safe. Unless theres a red light camera ticket type situation in that location.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
For those who don't know it, Brown Field is the airport in question as I understand it. If it's not an airport the poster is talking about them I'm totally in the dark.

You would think they would restrict the area on the coverage map but they don't. Just drop them on the main road and all should be fine. It's a short walk for them.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
I should have checked if his destination was on a blacklist.
Is there such a list somewhere?
I really didnt know there were certain areas we cant drop. Except over the border

I have dropped the smaller airports, Miramar, The Sub station at Rosecrans, etc, even some of the military subcontractor sites that have the security gates

1 - 20 of 27 Posts