Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No surge today for Ranger game. How big does crowd need to be-or are nighttime games more likely to surge than daytime?

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
More people drink and don't drive night games..plus I think more people attend night games..just my guess

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Friday was a bust, Saturday it surged, Sunday was not even close to surging.

All three games were packed. I do not think this has to do with demand but the amount of drivers. Saturday was the only day that there were a lot of events going on or should i say it was surging and drivers were chasing them surges leaving the ballpark with minimal drivers.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Saturday was the only day that there were a lot of events going on or should i say it was surging and drivers were chasing them surges leaving the ballpark with minimal drivers.
Saturday was rockin as far as surge goes, in my opinion. I don't pickup from every Rangers game, but it's the best I've seen surge-wise all season. Around 3.0x for quite a while. Here's all my reasons for this surge:

1) new Uber pickup in lot C has caused confusion and frustration for some drivers, so less drivers

2) it surged around 11PM Sat which is the time the game should have been over, but it was only the 7th inning or so. I wasn't at the ballpark then but perhaps enough drivers left with the 2.6x or so surge then and weren't around when the post game surge happened.

3) as was mentioned before, more drinkers on Saturday night than any other night.

4) Sunday has the most family friendly game and parents (myself included) would frown upon spending more money to use Uber after tickets, food, etc.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I do not think this has to do with demand but the amount of drivers.
#1 reason for surge. Friday's game was a bust. Drivers waiting for a ping or for surge. Saturday was opposite as people were calling out for Ubers as I was in line to enter Lot C. Ranger games are hit and miss so take that in consideration if you pickup for games. I will say Saturday's surge was long enough for me to drive over there and do two pickups at the game and around there.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I started out late on Saturday but I did catch a 3.2X from the ballpark and another one way late at 1.7X. But yeah, I won't hold my breath on big surges at the ballpark unless its playoffs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts