Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've made almost no money this week on UberBlack.

My daughter was sick with a horrible hacking cough that made her throw up at night -- for 3 friggin nights!So I didn't work much early in the week.

Thursday, I got a call from a private client who wanted me to pick her and her husband up in a nearby town, drive them back to town and then back out again. Got $200 cash.

Friday, after taking a nap when my husband got home, I logged in around 7pm; got one call. Had a doppio espresso at 9pm, ready for the night ahead. Not a single call for the rest of the night (besides some pesky Uberx driver pinging me twice and canceling). Logged out at 2:15am. Couldn't believe it!

I logged in for a few hours Saturday, not much business then, either. Decided to have a few drinks and go to the Jags scrimmage with my family.

Spent most of the day with my family today. Played tennis with my husband. Had a couple little rides afterward (one couple was celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary), and one cancellation.

All in, I've driven 251 miles. That's roughly 1 tank of gas. My cost per mile (depreciation, gas, maintenance) is an estimated 33 cents. 251 x .33 = $82.83. (The actual, direct cost this week was $38 to fill the tank.)

I made $113.25 after Uber's fees.

$313.25 - $82.83 = $230.42 profit. (Of course, I'll owe taxes out of that.)

You know, it ain't much. I'd rather have bust-ass $600 weekends, but anytime my income is equal to or greater than $1 per mile driven, I'm good with that.

image.jpg

The ugly:

image.jpg

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
So, I've made almost no money this week on UberBlack.

My daughter was sick with a horrible hacking cough that made her throw up at night -- for 3 friggin nights!So I didn't work much early in the week.

Thursday, I got a call from a private client who wanted me to pick her and her husband up in a nearby town, drive them back to town and then back out again. Got $200 cash.

Friday, after taking a nap when my husband got home, I logged in around 7pm, got one call. Had a doppio espresso at 9pm, ready for the night ahead. Got not a single call for the rest of the night (besides some pesky Uberx driver pinging me twice and canceling). Logged out at 2:15am. Couldn't believe it!

I logged in for a few hours Saturday, not much business then, either. Decided to have a few drinks and go to the Jags scrimmage with my family.

Spent most of the day with my family today. Played tennis with my husband. Had a couple little rides afterward (one couple was celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary), and one cancellation.

All in, I've driven 251 miles. That's roughly 1 tank of gas. My cost per mile (depreciation, gas, maintenance) is an estimated 33 cents. 251 x .33 = $82.83. (The actual, direct cost this week was $38 to fill the tank.)

I made $113.25 after Uber's fees.

$313.25 - $82.83 = $230.42 profit. (Of course, I'll owe taxes out of that.)

You know, it ain't much. I'd rather have bust-ass $600 weekends, but anytime my income is equal to or greater than $1 per mile driven, I'm good with that.

View attachment 11398

The ugly:

View attachment 11399
LMAO!!"Hurry Up". !!!!! ?!??

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
LMAO!!"Hurry Up". !!!!! ?!??
Yeah, I like to be professional, but if that's the first and only thing you say to me, you can go take a good **** to yourself ;)

Damn sure got that cxl fee. Probably some misogynistic prick who couldn't handle a woman telling him what to do (cancel).

By the way, I was already en route when he sent that.

·
24,233 Posts
USER: Hurry up!

DRIVER: Hurry up and cancel before Uber charges you a cancellation fee. You had better cancel because one, I ain't a-comin to gettcha' and two, I ain't a-pressin no cancellation button, neither. So unless you want to give me five bananas for doing nothing, you had better touch that proverbial dial while you still have the chance.

.......oh, and be sure to pull over before sending this message, remember: Don't text and drive.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
USER: Hurry up!

DRIVER: Hurry up and cancel before Uber charges you a cancellation fee. You had better cancel because one, I ain't a-comin to gettcha' and two, I ain't a-pressin no cancellation button, neither. So unless you want to give me five bananas for doing nothing, you had better touch that proverbial dial while you still have the chance.

.......oh, and be sure to pull over before sending this message, remember: Don't text and drive.
Uber Black = $10 cancellation

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
LOL
You missed out on the story when PAX kept telling me to Giddyup while i was looking up an address.

Your title reminded me of a movie. Its great time killer and funny. Make sure you watch the dubbed version. The trailer doesnt do its justest.

Reactions: JaxBeachDriver
1 - 6 of 6 Posts