Uber Drivers Forum banner

Bad For Commuters, But Good For Us?

769 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  cnjdriver 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I do recall a few months back when there were major issues with the trains that some people were making some good bucks for those few days. However with a big stoppage like this I don't think the system would be able to handle to workload. They would need to institute UberPool or something similar otherwise you will have clogs of cars and buses going every which way and that and not being able to move into the city. My guess is NYC would institute some type of ban on vehicles into Manhattan during rush hours, similar to the storm 3 years ago, just to curb traffic some. I don't think this will be an issue, but you never know. Thanks for the article.

#3 ·
Train service is as essential to this region as electricity, running water, and internet service. I can't even begin to imagine the cluster**** a complete rail service stoppage would cause. Rush hour would probably begin around 3am and continue straight through past 10pm.

#5 ·
Last year in the winter was a day that was very cold and super bad weather. Light rail was down, traffic was difficult , etc. Surge price was 2.8-3.5 ALL DAY LONG. It was crazy. People will pay whatever just to get a ride. Just wait for bad snow and wind to make runs in Hoboken for 12-13$ for 0.5-1.0 mile trips

#9 ·
I once took someone from Princeton to Secaucus during a period when train service wasn't running. Decent fare, but didn't want to pay the extra $30 to go to NYC
That's not a bad run. Better for you that you didn't have to go into the city and waste more gas and drive back empty. Fare from Secaucus to NYC is only $4 one way, so if they don't mind going to Secaucus it is easier for the driver as well. Drop and go and most likely get another pickup in the area anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.