Uber Drivers Forum banner

Bad Driver Stories?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  UberLouise 
#1 ·
What are some of the worst stories you've heard from pax about drivers?

Last night I took a couple home and they were telling me about their ride out. They took a pool on their outbound trip and X to go back home. The woman said the pool trip was horrible and the driver complained about it the whole time. She said he made her feel bad for using pool by telling her it's for cheapskates and that he doesn't make any money off of it. Then he got another pickup and cussed the whole way there. He picked up the second guy who had been kicked out of a vape spot for talking loudly. She said the driver asked the pax what happened and he explained that he was breaking up with his gf. Driver told him he was kicked out because he's black and began a rant about Trump's America. She said he also began to make horrible comments about women and about black women.

It was a great opportunity to discuss the issues with pool and the horror stories I've read (one or two may have been exaggerated for effect), and to explain ratings. I explained the pass/fail nuance and they said that they had no idea. Said they give drivers 4 all the time and only use 5 if the driver goes above and beyond.

#5 ·
Bad driver stories and passenger stories never get old.

I think the one that takes the cake for me must have been one that I read on here. Recent story about a Lyft driver that kept picking up and delivering Uber Eats orders while giving lyft line rides or something like that. I suppose that is one way to discourage people off of both services.

I have ridden Uber as a rider quite a lot. Most of the drivers I get are pretty much what I expect for what they are paid. Rarely do I see a driver that is absolutely horrible and rarely do I see a driver that is truly outstanding.

It seems like most of the bad drivers stories that my passengers relate are really not that different from the bad taxi experiences that most of us have had. A driver that is smoking while picking us up, a driver that won't get off of the phone, a driver that intentionally takes a longer route to get to a destination in order to make more money, a driver that does not respect boundaries when it comes to conversation topics like politics or religion. Nothing all that crazy but definitely stuff that makes my eyes roll.

#7 ·
As a PAX in an Uber .....The driver almost killed us 4 times. Ran a red light, drifted out of lane twice and overcorrected the vehicle, almost sideswiped a tractor trailer. Her brakes worked too. Almost missed our turn and slammed on the brakes to make the turn. Oh yeah and the best part, ordered a Lexus, and a older model Expedition picked us up.... I would have cancelled the ride, but I didn't feel like being stranded in the middle of I-75. Gave her 1 star, contacted Uber to report her driving, got a phone call back in 5 minutes with a follow up email. Got a credit, and I'm sure she's not driving anymore.

#8 ·
As a PAX in an Uber .....The driver almost killed us 4 times. Ran a red light, drifted out of lane twice and overcorrected the vehicle, almost sideswiped a tractor trailer. Her brakes worked too. Almost missed our turn and slammed on the brakes to make the turn. Oh yeah and the best part, ordered a Lexus, and a older model Expedition picked us up.... I would have cancelled the ride, but I didn't feel like being stranded in the middle of I-75. Gave her 1 star, contacted Uber to report her driving, got a phone call back in 5 minutes with a follow up email. Got a credit, and I'm sure she's not driving anymore.
Lol! Dang. Sounds like you were "riding" with Ms. Daisy, lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.