Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,982 Posts
It's the lull before storm.

In three weeks you'll be screaming for somebody to help you. 😂

Enjoy your rest. If your hurting for cash, you have no one to blame but yourself for not saving..

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When u hit this wall. U must ask yourself do I need to change up my hourly schedule...maybe u started at 8am. maybe u need to start at 4 am . Or 4pm
Maybe, I normally work from 2am tell 2pm. I just hate working rush hour traffic.
It's the lull before storm.

In three weeks you'll be screaming for somebody to help you. 😂

Enjoy your rest. If your hurting for cash, you have no one to blame but yourself for not saving..
I never scream when it’s busy, and never hurting for cash, unless baby’s momma is asking for cash lol.

· Super Moderator
14,117 Posts
Meanwhile me in Milwaukee. I didn't even push that hard either for the last 2 or so hours of this day. It was pretty busy downtown with a rivalry college basketball game going on. Someone more experienced could have made more money I'm sure. I've only been doing this part time for like 3 weeks.
View attachment 687654
Hopefully they're still offering quests in your area where if you do a certain number of rides in a certain time period you get a bonus of a predetermined dollar amount. Such as 60 rides between Friday at 4:00 a.m. and Monday at 4:00 a.m. you get an extra $120 or whatever

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hopefully they're still offering quests in your area where if you do a certain number of rides in a certain time period you get a bonus of a predetermined dollar amount. Such as 60 rides between Friday at 4:00 a.m. and Monday at 4:00 a.m. you get an extra $120 or whatever
Yeah I’ve been doing this too long I don’t do the quest anymore. I drive XL only the cluster just a way for them to keep control of you do 80 trips and they give you $100 or some like that not worth it.

· Super Moderator
14,117 Posts
Yeah I’ve been doing this too long I don’t do the quest anymore. I drive XL only the cluster just a way for them to keep control of you do 80 trips and they give you $100 or some like that not worth it.
I understand what you're saying. I drive XL as well. However, it appears @UberWestAllis, whom I quoted, does not based on his ride count and pay out. In his situation, it would make sense.

· Premium Member
3,829 Posts
Of course I’m going to cherry pick, I’m not like a lot of other drivers and I’m not gonna run my SUV for free or to go pick someone up 8 miles away for six bucks. I don’t move my vehicle unless it’s $40 or above.
So you take any trip as long as it pays $40 or more, so if the trip is going 60 70 80 miles and pays $40 bucks you still take it, that's profitable..not

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ahh, no. You’re taking it out of context. I look at time and money. not Uber time, the time I actually know it will take. 60 70 80 miles trips are extremely rare. Average long trip in Los Angeles is about 35 to 40 miles.

· Registered
25 Posts
Of course I’m going to cherry pick, I’m not like a lot of other drivers and I’m not gonna run my SUV for free or to go pick someone up 8 miles away for six bucks. I don’t move my vehicle unless it’s $40 or above.
That is your problem in my opinion. your vehicle. I drive uberx in a ford fiesta. super low cost to run, and insane fuel economy. I even went stick shift so it's less likely i'll be carjacked as only ~18% of the population knows how to drive stick. So for me, it doesnt take much to be in the green. I've been consistently getting about 1.50+- a mile so. I guess it depends on your market, but never understood why you'd wanna uber in a big SUV. Seems like you'd wanna use the crappiest most efficient vehicle you possibly could to be profitable.

· Registered
25 Posts
they do, but i've only been doing uber now for like 3 weeks part time in addition to my main full time job. I've only seen that offer once now. It was like 20 trips for 20$ or something like that. And then when I first singed up they had a promotion that was like complete 25 and get $100 which was really nice. My market seems to be pretty profitable for me right now. I do anywhere from 24-30$ an hour. Which for me, for a side hustle is very profitable even running my car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts