Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up one Lyft Line passenger this morning in the Marina district, and went to another pickup a few blocks away. A woman got into the car, but the app said there were 2 people at that pickup.

"It says you're two people," I said. "Is there another person coming?"

"No," she said, "I just put that so you wouldn't pick up anyone else."

I let her get away with it -- thus decreasing my chances to add another prime time ride toward my bonus -- but after I dropped her off, I marked her as 3 stars and reported her behavior in the app.

Honestly, the people who misbehave most in my car on Lyft duty are from the Marina District.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Picked up one Lyft Line passenger this morning in the Marina district, and went to another pickup a few blocks away. A woman got into the car, but the app said there were 2 people at that pickup.

I let her get away with it -- thus decreasing my chances to add another prime time ride toward my bonus -- but after I dropped her off, I marked her as 3 stars and reported her behavior in the app.

Honestly, the people who misbehave most in my car on Lyft duty are from the Marina District.
Uh thats common in the mornings. You can just put 1 instead of 2 but that will piss the rider off they will literally bite your head off

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
manuellsam said:
Uh thats common in the mornings. You can just put 1 instead of 2 but that will piss the rider off they will literally bite your head off​

First time in 5 months of driving it's happened to me, so I wasn't prepared this time. Next time I will say "That is not what Lyft Line is for. By doing this, you're not only denying me potential credit for another ride, but you're denying service to others. You can cancel the Lyft Line ride and get a regular Lyft ride, or I can mark you as 1 person, your choice."

I'll let you know how that goes if it ever happens again, but in the meantime I gave her 3 stars so I won't be happening again with her.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
manuellsam said:
Uh thats common in the mornings. You can just put 1 instead of 2 but that will piss the rider off they will literally bite your head off​

First time in 5 months of driving it's happened to me, so I wasn't prepared this time. Next time I will say "That is not what Lyft Line is for. By doing this, you're not only denying me potential credit for another ride, but you're denying service to others. You can cancel the Lyft Line ride and get a regular Lyft ride, or I can mark you as 1 person, your choice."

I'll let you know how that goes if it ever happens again, but in the meantime I gave her 3 stars so I won't be happening again with her.
Tell me honestly your overall experience with Line! This is coming to San Diego on 4-15 for the first time. Does not look like you can OPT OUT like Uber allows...is this true? Although rates are lower do you feel you loose more money or less than doing multiple regular pickups. Has Lyft increased fares this week in your area? Thanks for the input...lot of comments here in SD but no one speaking from experience like you can.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, you cannot opt out. You get a ping, it could be from a standard Lyft ride, or a Lyft Line ride.

I do not feel like I lose money doing Lyft Line, because the rides usually wind up being longer, and during rush hour when more people are likely to use Lyft Line, there is often a surge premium. Also, if I have 3 Lyft Line parties in my car during a Prime Time hour, that counts as 3 prime time rides and helps me toward the bonus. So I actually like Lyft Line for these reasons.

I am not aware of a fare increase in San Francisco.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Tell me honestly your overall experience with Line! This is coming to San Diego on 4-15 for the first time. Does not look like you can OPT OUT like Uber allows...is this true? Although rates are lower do you feel you loose more money or less than doing multiple regular pickups. Has Lyft increased fares this week in your area? Thanks for the input...lot of comments here in SD but no one speaking from experience like you can.
Here is my take , lyft line and uber pool are their most important category for these companies it fits their strategy to eliminate car ownership and at least in SF riders love it

On lyft side the ETA is wrong or just too long which means riders aren't so thrilled about lyft line during rush hour other things are negli-geable also if you are a control freak it will drive you mad as the only thing it allows you to do is cancel everything not just one rider

the biggest strength of lyft line are also the biggest weakness of uberpool. On lyft the app handles everything even goes further to reroute you on your waze navigation meaning you can focus on the road with uberpool it's completely unsafe simply requires too much interaction with your phone

Then uber charges riders different amounts that doesn't equal to your pay take home on the ride & may be if you pick up a 2x surge ride for let's say 10 miles then on the way you add on a none surge ride for 6 miles you drop off the none surge guy first your take home takes a dive :(

There is so many things that suck about pool and lyft line but it's way too popular to opt out if you are serious about money rather you work out how to make it work for you or try to beat it lol

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
Curious? Just go to LA on a slow day and try it... IMHO, obnoxious cuz all the pax are cheapos looking to scam it, BUT it gives multiple rides for bonus purposes...and stacked pings (might be good for over saturated Lyft...would BLOW for 1-ride guarantees, but they likely don't wanna keep those too long anyway)

·
Registered
314 Posts
You guys must be noobs if you think more line is better. Especially since you NEVER know if your first ride was prime time or not.
If you're trying to hit your power driver bonus, I'd understand, but if you're not going for the PDB, no point taking more lines(not like you have a choice).

·
Registered
418 Posts

Live and let live.... This one I don't mind so much. There's bigger fights to worry about, Pax trying to speed up the Line is not one I give a crap. Yeah you lose one trip when they do this, but you gain speed towards next trip.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Uh thats common in the mornings. You can just put 1 instead of 2 but that will piss the rider off they will literally bite your head off
I'm pretty sure if you correct the number of passengers in the Lyft app (as you're suggesting), it cancels that pick-up and they have to re-request with the correct number of passengers. At least, that's always been the case with me, but I've never done it when a passenger trying to pay more for less pax .. it's always been two pax trying to pay for one.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Strange...I always choose 2 passengers when picking up 1 person in Uberpool so as to not have to pick up a pool request on the way unless it is surging more than my original pick up.

·
Registered
756 Posts
um, doesn't that charge the passenger more?
Of course lol. I'm supposed to care? They are already being cheap by booking a pool in the first place to get a discounted rate from x which is already oh I don't know like 3 times cheaper than a taxi...I am finding more and more pool requests by the week and so the can suck it. I won't pick up anyone along the way, and I hardly even accept pool requests in the first place unless its 2.3+

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Of course lol. I'm supposed to care? They are already being cheap by booking a pool in the first place to get a discounted rate from x which is already oh I don't know like 3 times cheaper than a taxi...I am finding more and more pool requests by the week and so the can suck it. I won't pick up anyone along the way, and I hardly even accept pool requests in the first place unless its 2.3+
and your passengers don't complain about that? if you just pick up more pools, you could easily hit their PDB+ and make decent enough money to make up for the lack of surge.

·
Registered
756 Posts
and your passengers don't complain about that? if you just pick up more pools, you could easily hit their PDB+ and make decent enough money to make up for the lack of surge.
I don't work PDB as I have emphasized because I am a full time student. I don't have 40-60 hrs a week to burn otherwise I'd still be working at one of my previous jobs. I do uber surge part time to pay the bills and spend as little time as possible so I can focus on whats going to get me an actual good paying job in the future which is school.

No PAX don't mind...they still pay the discounted Uber rate as if I had picked up a PAX and Uber takes the hit. I thought that was common knowledge and the reason why many drivers don't pick up 2nd riders... Its a win win for riders and drivers to not pick up 2nd pool requests.

Like I said even this is rare as I do not usually accept pool requests even at 2.0...it winds up being like a 1.5 or so UberX fare...not good enough for me.

·
Registered
442 Posts
They complain and they are given credit or the fare is changed but uber doesn't say anything until they send that threatening text msg saying your account has been flagged for not accurately reporting pool riders

1 - 18 of 18 Posts