Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had the smelliest guy get into my car. He had horribe body odor; a mix of armpit and moldy mop head :(.

I don't have problems booting people from my car if they're rude, unruly or violently belligerent. This was a weird scenario for me though since if I wanted the person out of my car I basically had to tell he stunk to high heaven.

Have you guys ever had a situation like this before? :eek:

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you told him he smelled like $hit?
Haha no. It wasn't a situation where he was rude or violent so I didn't give him the boot. The guy seemed oblivious to it, I mean how else could he put up with it.

I felt like I had no real issue to deny a ride, but I wish I could, but then like you said I would have to tell him he smelled like **** lol

·
Registered
697 Posts
Today I had the smelliest guy get into my car. He had horribe body odor; a mix of armpit and moldy mop head :(.

I don't have problems booting people from my car if they're rude, unruly or violently belligerent. This was a weird scenario for me though since if I wanted the person out of my car I basically had to tell he stunk to high heaven.

Have you guys ever had a situation like this before? :eek:
Yes I have, it is hard to bring it up, might be against his religion, and we can't discriminate

·
Registered
147 Posts
yeah i picked up someone around 630am who worked at jiffy lube. he smelled really stink but i still gave him a 5 because it's just business and the right thing to do. by the way he was a 4.8 rating. All i can do is roll down all the windows to get the smell to go away. I can't be too picky because i am a business man. i'd rather have stinky underarms as opposed to someone who throws up in the car with no payback, know what i mean.

to me it's important that i am not a coward and i never do what a coward might do. Then again if you're a professional who is really good at working the isolated surge here and there, more power to you so you can afford to cancel slash give a bad rating etc. Luckily for me so far, it's not like every single passenger has B.O. left and right, know what i mean.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i picked up someone around 630am who worked at jiffy lube. he smelled really stink but i still gave him a 5 because it's just business and the right thing to do. by the way he was a 4.8 rating. All i can do is roll down all the windows to get the smell to go away. I can't be too picky because i am a business man. i'd rather have stinky underarms as opposed to someone who throws up in the car with no payback, know what i mean.

to me it's important that i am not a coward and i never do what a coward might do. Then again if you're a professional who is really good at working the isolated surge here and there, more power to you so you can afford to cancel slash give a bad rating etc. Luckily for me so far, it's not like every single passenger has B.O. left and right, know what i mean.
I hear you. For me it's just a personal pet peeve. I'm very particular about smells and I was interested to see how other people dealt with it

·
Registered
697 Posts

you don't have a problem with the odor seeping into your seats?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I also had another passenger who was a 4.3 whom i picked up on venice blvd going to venice beach. He was a persian guy named ramir and he had on some strong cologne. But he was the horniest passenger i have ever gotten and i got the feeling that he hated gay people, LOL He would like eyeball all the possible attractive girls while driving and it was kinda embarrassing to me but he was never able to make a connection with anyone while on the clock if you know what i mean LOL. This M'Fer even meant to roll down his window and whistle 1 time, etc but in fact it ended up unlocking the doors and at the time i was torn, know what i mean like is he actually gonna get out of the car and mack on this girl but NAH

i'm thinking to myself during the ride like, well i'll be darn at least you put on some cologne to mask your bad stink you must have, i appreciate it, on top of the fact that no girl in venice beach might give you the time of day without the cologne LOL

·
Registered
650 Posts
Your lucky he didn't ask you to turn off the AC and keep the windows rolled so you could both bask in his stench! LOL

Reactions: chris0024

·
Registered
83 Posts
Smell like thousands of dead fishxxxxxxxxx

I took guy home from famous marina one evening. He is deck hand on halfday fishing boat, he just finish work and no change any clothes just took off wader off from pants then rush into my car. He said he needs to get home by seven in inglewood. And told me if I made it give me $10. After started ride, he was so picky to choose street do this turn that but fell in sleep in shortly. In mean while smell continue so bad and starting drying dead fish like smell together you can imagine how bad.... Look at rear view mirror and he was sleeping so deep. He must be worked so hard to help ppl catch fish all day on boat , what can I say...

Then arrived home and beat ETA by 5min!
He pulled out $bills from pocket( not a lot, must be tips from cleaning fish for anglers) and count ten and hands to me. He never said anything about his Oder or any mess on him. But hey, he gave me his HARD earned money, I appreciated so much. And I'm glad I didn't kick him out then saw good human been.

WhataUberlife...

Drive safe, everyone!

·
Registered
147 Posts
uberhelot what about that time it was 50 degrees earlier this year here in los angeles, guy i picked up from chicago wanted me to turn on the air conditioning which i did, my god at least he allowed me to put on my jacket but there's no way in hell i could be a coward and rate him other than a 5 because i appreciated him as a customer.

I know a lot of people are going to laugh at me on that but i'm definitely a stand up guy.

let me give you another situation tonight, i pull up to the corner pickup and the guy i see is smoking a cigarette that i assume is the guy who requested the ride. i say to myself, THANK YOU, please smoke and take as much time as you want because i can't have you smoking in the car.

Guy playing saxophone at a target expecting tip tonight, had my windows rolled down and he passed me but then came back to me to look at me directly at my eyes, i looked directly at him and automatically he said something along the lines that "he could tell etc" and what not=basically that i am not going to tip him, hell i didnt' even look at him when he first passed by but since he came back up to me, i had to look at him dead straight.

I am grateful that people can tell that i mean business unless of course they are on drugs slash drunk, etc know what i mean.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts