Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am being impatient but it's been 7 days and still waiting. How long did everyone wait? I swear this is the slowest background check ever.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been waiting for almost a month for mine and still haven't received approval. I emailed Uber several times and they keep saying it shouldn't take this long and to be patient because it takes 7-10 business days but may take a little longer. They told me to call or email Checkr. Don't bother calling them cause you will be put on hold for 15 minutes to an hour, then will be disconnected cause they have a "high volume of calls". I emailed Checkr and was sent a link to their applicant portal. 2 weeks ago it showed my background check was complete and sent to Uber. I assumed that since I have a clean mvr and no criminal record that I would be driving in a few days. Boy was I wrong! After numerous emails to Uber and Checkr, I still get the same basic reply...."Thank you for your patience. Our background checks take 7-10 business days, but may take a little longer." Good luck with yours. I hope you don't have the issues I'm having. By the way, Checkr's applicant portal only shows pending or complete. No eta on when it is going to be completed

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wheel has been very squeaky. You should see some of the idiotic thing that have been said by Uber reps in these emails. One guy told me to be patient cause Uber wasn't even operating in Vegas yet.....4 days after they were officially running! It was even announced on their website

·
Registered
303 Posts
My observation over a couple weeks watching this LV board is that Cabbies and Uber/Lyft drivers from other markets spend a lot of time here (and not driving or doing something otherwise productive).
Yes they'll respond that I am a naive "newbie" and they're just trying to help so I/we don't make the same mistakes they did and so that they can tell us how evil Uber/Lyft is.
Fortunately though I have discovered (and now use regularly) the Ignore function which is allowing me to get some good info about our market.
~Dunk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts