Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
So I guess uber requested a background check on me:rolleyes: got an email from checkr and I'm all in the clear. Phewwwww lucky me!:p
Anyone else?
I suspect they are going to be more vigilante in that respect. Especially considering all the murders, rapes and "self defense" episodes like they had in Colorado last week and the eats driver earlier this year. They can do as many as they want on me, it's not going to change.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect they are going to be more vigilante in that respect. Especially considering all the murders, rapes and "self defense" episodes like they had in Colorado last week and the eats driver earlier this year. They can do as many as they want on me, it's not going to change.
Makes sense! I just hope my stop sign ticket isn't going to hunt me:confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got notification from checkr as well. (I'm clear)
It was 18 months after I started driving for Uber.
I wonder if that's their schedule or if it's going to be an annual thing, and they just started checking existing drivers.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How long you had to wait?
Wait? I didn't know they did one and just received the email. Nothing else.

I got notification from checkr as well. (I'm clear)
It was 18 months after I started driving for Uber.
I wonder if that's their schedule or if it's going to be an annual thing, and they just started checking existing drivers.
I've been driving almost three years and this is the first one for me.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I Got a notification today and have been deactivated. I have the same record that I had when I signed on to drive a year ago. My account is currently under review. Anybody else had this happen to them?

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
I Got a notification today and have been deactivated. I have the same record that I had when I signed on to drive a year ago. My account is currently under review. Anybody else had this happen to them?
Yep. I had that happen to me. Got the notification right after dropping off in Buckhead....then deactivated. Turns out it was a 16 miles over speed ticket I had prior to Uber. But that was ok then, not now. Checkr will send you a backround report in the email and you need to look out for the red marks. Had to hire a lawyer, go to court and change the nolo plea (some jurisdictions only go back a certain time, luckily this one was in Lumpkin County and they have no restrictions on that) to 14 miles under, wait 2 days for update in the the state registry, then get a DMV report to the Uber hub so they can ask Checkr to run the background again and find it clear. Back on the platform.
(It also helped with my insurance costs so it was worth it for me).

·
Registered
515 Posts
Man here we go with this bull shit uber always got some way to screw somebody life up it's not me but I'm pissed because i know how this shit be you go to bed dreaming about how good of a day you had and wake up to a nightmare everytime you think you have seen it all uber comes with some more bull shit and they would go to checking and deactivating people when they super slow huh?

They prolly deactivate me for my warning if it show up or better yet my not guilty when i told them folks to pick 12 because i ain't going to jail

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Uber is slow to approve. I decided to try my hand on a little ubering and also finally signed up for Lyft since I now have local license and plates. Both sent me notification that checkr was going to run my background check on the 25th of May. On the 27th, Lyft clears me. As of today, Uber still hasnt cleared me. I can go to the checkr status page and see both reports, requested by lyft and Uber, being completed.

I had a speeding ticket from 2013 but that didnt stop me from being approved when I started Uber and nothing has changed besides being in Texas now.

I email support everyday with a screenshot from Checkr status showing "Complete" from 2 weeks ago and they just reply with the standard "sorry for the wait, it takes 7-10 days to process the background check"

·
Registered
62 Posts
Happened to me a few weeks ago. I had a legal issue back in 1996. Apparently it wasn't an issue when I first signed up with Uber 2 years ago but now it is. At first I was mad but now I'm over it. I was a part timer that only drove on the weekends. It was nice to be able to earn that very little extra money but the amount of effort just to make that little bit of money wasn't worth it. I've since found other ways to make more money with less effort. My MDX is probably happy I'm not driving anymore.

I just find it funny that I'm not fit to drive for Uber but the law firm I work at has no issues with me at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They changed the policy from max of 3 violations in 3 years to max of 1 violation in 3 years. I got deactivated yesterday but two will drop off in a few months and I can hopefully get back on at that time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I guess uber requested a background check on me:rolleyes: got an email from checkr and I'm all in the clear. Phewwwww lucky me!:p
Anyone else?
This happened to me too yesterday oddly enough after dropping off a guy who claimed to be a lyft exec. 2 traffic tickets the lady at the hub said she would appeal it for me. Really uber ? 3500 rides later with a 4.9.

I'm not mad cause I could honestly probably be doing something more worth wild and profitable. I just enjoyed the carefree lifestyle uber afforded me.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Happened to me a few weeks ago. I had a legal issue back in 1996. Apparently it wasn't an issue when I first signed up with Uber 2 years ago but now it is. At first I was mad but now I'm over it. I was a part timer that only drove on the weekends. It was nice to be able to earn that very little extra money but the amount of effort just to make that little bit of money wasn't worth it. I've since found other ways to make more money with less effort. My MDX is probably happy I'm not driving anymore.

I just find it funny that I'm not fit to drive for Uber but the law firm I work at has no issues with me at all.
1996? They go back that far?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts