Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I had last driven for Lyft in February 2020 and trying to be back on the road this Friday. I took the time to get the safety inspection done on Monday (which Lyft approved quickly) so that I can be driving on Friday morning (with DF) as I have work travel to the far southern part of the Eastern shore of Maryland on Friday. Now, it's saying that I'm pending a background check, and it might be weeks. I'm going to be pissed if I can't do that on Friday. I wrote to Lyft although I don't think it'll help. Does Lyft have a phone number I can call to try to talk to someone?
How do you feel about shuffling?

·
Registered
1 Posts
For various reasons, I let my documents expire last year. When I submitted the new ones a while ago, I had to go thru the background check. Lyft went through on Checkr in 2 days. Uber hung up on Checkr and was hung up for about 2 weeks, finally, I called Rohit. I just told him that Checkr cleared me. He asked me to send the report, so I downloaded the report that Lyft did, and sent that in. I was active on Uber the next morning.

The Uber report could have cleared. But I think someone just took an "administrative shortcut"
It probably does depend on the market and which lucky stiff if moderating the automated process for Dara.
Hello,

Who is Rohit and how do I get ahold of him?? My background check is being held up by the courts processing...

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
6,444 Posts
Hello,

Who is Rohit and how do I get ahold of him?? My background check is being held up by the courts processing...
There should be a call for help option in the app.

If you don't hear chickens in the background hang up and call again.

Reactions: Crusku1218

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Took 14 days to finish my background check. Account was placed on hold. I never had that happen on previous background checks. Uber pays staff big money for incompetence and continuous stupidity

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Hello All. I have been with uber almost 6 years now and this is a first.
About 3 weeks ago I got a message from checkr that uber is requesting their annual background check and they will let me know when complete. Ok no issue. as I have not had as so much as a ticket in over 20 years. Anyway, they did notify me that due to covid many court houses are very slow with completing the information requested. Move forward yesterday. I come out and do about 3 hours of work and decide i want to work this week end. I try to go online this morning and it said account needs attention. I am like what. it said call support.
After I called, they stated that my background check is expired and it call take a few days to still complete. I am like what? that was 3 weeks ago that checkr said that. Note, nothing in my background is wrong. Nothing. clean as a whistle. if that is actually clean. I have nothing to do at this point but to wait until I am back online. My profile still says I am active and will just wait for them to get done. It has made me wonder how reliable uber really is as a company. Any comments or critisism welcomed. Thanks.
And this is the same FUber which is belly-aching and shedding crocodile tears to the media about their so-called "driver shortage"....it would be akin to a private school complaining about enrollment, while keeping applications "pending"...

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
And this is the same FUber which is belly-aching and shedding crocodile tears to the media about their so-called "driver shortage"....it would be akin to a private school complaining about enrollment, while keeping applications "pending"...
It's a technology company....

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Yup.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Took 14 days to finish my background check. Account was placed on hold. I never had that happen on previous background checks. Uber pays staff big money for incompetence and continuous stupidity
I am in the same boat as you were. It has been 2 weeks since starting the update to my background check. Checkr indicates it will be completed by 07/26. Account on hold since 07/20.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Hello,

Rohit lives in Manilla...you get a hold of him via the help "call support" option...work through the AI phone tree, until it connects you with Rohit...he will ask you "how your doing", and then be super empathetic and assure you "not to worry because you have called the right person, and everything will be now be ok"...but he start to work his magic by asking you if he can "put you on a brief 2 minute hold" while he looks into it [read and rehearses his script], after which he will offer you "good news" that that he has escalated your case (his so called resolution) and you will next receive an email (not outlining the steps forward, but inviting you the rate Rohit's stellar service).

That's Rohit!

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
I am in the same boat as you were. It has been 2 weeks since starting the update to my background check. Checkr indicates it will be completed by 07/26. Account on hold since 07/20.
At least FUber has requested yours from Checkr....my background check has been "pending" for 2 months now...Uber hasn't initiated mine, can't seem to figure out why...an example of how and why FUber is so FUbered....

21 - 31 of 31 Posts