Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. I have been with uber almost 6 years now and this is a first.
About 3 weeks ago I got a message from checkr that uber is requesting their annual background check and they will let me know when complete. Ok no issue. as I have not had as so much as a ticket in over 20 years. Anyway, they did notify me that due to covid many court houses are very slow with completing the information requested. Move forward yesterday. I come out and do about 3 hours of work and decide i want to work this week end. I try to go online this morning and it said account needs attention. I am like what. it said call support.
After I called, they stated that my background check is expired and it call take a few days to still complete. I am like what? that was 3 weeks ago that checkr said that. Note, nothing in my background is wrong. Nothing. clean as a whistle. if that is actually clean. I have nothing to do at this point but to wait until I am back online. My profile still says I am active and will just wait for them to get done. It has made me wonder how reliable uber really is as a company. Any comments or critisism welcomed. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
Sounds normal. This is why you should drive for Lyft also so you can still make some income while you get waitlisted arbitrarily.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds normal. This is why you should drive for Lyft also so you can still make some income while you get waitlisted arbitrarily.
I actually have a real job and try to do only about 10-15 hours a week. A long time ago I stopped doing full time with them. Just was curious if this has happened to someone else. Thanks for the reply. A friend of mine does drive for Lyft and used to drive for uber. He hates it. and he is full time. That is enough to convince me to stay away.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Yes, they are having issues getting mine done as well. Keep getting the run around and terrible "help" from support,

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
What state do you live in? Does your state provide free electronic MVRs to anyone?

Join the party. The background check should have happened in seconds. Go to checkr web site and look at the status. I have been trying to get Doordash and Grubhub to figure out that NH does not provide free electronic MVRs.

Checkr says I must resolve the issue with Doordash or Grubhub. Grubhub and Doordash say I must resolve it with Checkr. Around and around I went over and over for months.

From Checkr:

Hi Name,

After reviewing your report, it looks like your MVR (Motor Vehicle Report or driving history) is not available to be viewed electronically. This means that we cannot access your driving information, which the party you applied with requires.

The Department of Motor Vehicles in the state where you are currently licensed will be able to explain the issue and how to resolve it, and contacting the DMV would be the fastest way to have your background check updated.

You may also go to your local DMV to obtain a copy of your MVR, and send it to the party you applied with.

Checkr does not verify MVRs that are Not Electronically Available on your report. We will not be able to process any documents related to your license status or accessibility.

You can send a photo of your MVR document directly to the party you applied with.

Thank you.
Mikayla // Checkr, Inc.

From Doordash:

Hi Name, Thanks for reaching out about Sign up I definitely understand your concern and I've escalated your case to our DoorDash escalations team to take a closer look. Please expect a response in 24 hours. Thanks again, marc! We look forward to resolving this for you. Your reference number for this contact is ########. Best, Vivek DoorDash Support
· V
Name, I sincerely apologies for the delay but rest assure you will be contacted shortly via email by a supervisor.
Vivek P

Never does a human call nor email from the "escalation" team and I also have a perfect MVR

·
Premium Member
11,851 Posts
About 3 weeks ago I got a message from checkr that uber is requesting their annual background check and they will let me know when complete. Ok no issue. as I have not had as so much as a ticket in over 20 years. Anyway, they did notify me that due to covid many court houses are very slow with completing the information requested. Move forward yesterday. I come out and do about 3 hours of work and decide i want to work this week end. I try to go online this morning and it said account needs attention. I am like what. it said call support.
After I called, they stated that my background check is expired and it call take a few days to still complete. I am like what? that was 3 weeks ago that checkr said that. Note, nothing in my background is wrong. Nothing. clean as a whistle. if that is actually clean. I have nothing to do at this point but to wait until I am back online. My profile still says I am active and will just wait for them to get done. It has made me wonder how reliable uber really is as a company. Any comments or critisism welcomed. Thanks.
See anything "can" happen

Never before have the words Uber and reliable been used in the same sentence.

Reactions: Uber's Guber

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
How long have you been waiting ?
I had an Eats only account. They sent me an invite to start using that account for x rides. They said I could still deliver while waiting to get approved for rides. I waited and waited for x approval but could still deliver. I finally called them about a month ago and the so called help basically reset my account and I could not deliver or give rides after. So I resent all info again and it took some time and some repetitive uploads but they accepted all docs. However, my background check was, and is, in limbo. I've called and texted them repeatedly and they say they are working on it and sorry that it's taking longer than usual. Background check has been completed by checkr. They sent me the email a few days ago. Still no movement in my app.

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
See anything "can" happen

Never before have the words Uber and reliable been used in the same sentence.
You can rely on Uber to do three Back ground checks in one month. The first two went through with no problems. All of a sudden I go to login and it says account attention background check is expired or incomplete. So, Uber and reliable can be used in the same sentence, it's the context that is very important.

so Uber can screw up a wet dream with crib notes, a how-to video, an online tutorial, and even good old-fashioned Rohit.

just for clarification, Seroquel does not go good with late-night postings on the internet.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
When Grubhub ran me I noticed Uber had started their background check on me at the same time, so I went into documents and noticed the ! over my background check and clicked it on and then had to click twice to agree to the background and poof it was approved…

The day before I had uploaded my insurance document and it was approved yesterday and Uber still sent me a notification that my document was expiring, so I told them to fix their glitch.

Calling support is pointless because those morons do not know their ass from a hole in the ground and will tell you one thing while doing another thing…

Wish you luck and know Uber is a mess!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My profile still says active. In documents like you said. It says pending on background. I’m see now they are a mess. Nay not come back after this. As I am working elsewhere. In fact. I was think of stopping altogether as many pac really annoy me sometimes. For $4. Dropped off before this happen Wednesday. Two guys go to bar. As we get there. Other days. No Damon pool table. We need to go somewhere else. Not my problem. I left them there while they decide.

·
Premium Member
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Ltd
95 Posts
I have been driving for 5 years. 6 months ago, Uber said that they would be doing a Background Check Immediately and that it would be done in 2+ days. They shut me down for 3 days..lost the weekly quest and 3 days of income. Bottom line...there is no reason to shut down the App to do a background check. Strictly unnecessary Control.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
For various reasons, I let my documents expire last year. When I submitted the new ones a while ago, I had to go thru the background check. Lyft went through on Checkr in 2 days. Uber hung up on Checkr and was hung up for about 2 weeks, finally, I called Rohit. I just told him that Checkr cleared me. He asked me to send the report, so I downloaded the report that Lyft did, and sent that in. I was active on Uber the next morning.

The Uber report could have cleared. But I think someone just took an "administrative shortcut"
It probably does depend on the market and which lucky stiff if moderating the automated process for Dara.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This sound like issues with your driving records. Same thing happened to me 2 years ago on January 9th, 2019. I tried to go online on Uber, account locked. 1 week later, Lyft locked me as well. None of them would provide more details onto why. Uber keep referring me to Checkr. the only think Checkr will say is check with DMV, without going into much details. Turned out I had gotten a ticked 4 months prior and one of the old ticket that I received while leaving in New York in 2014 was not resolved as well. So all the sudden I became a persona NOT GRATTA. I had excellent rating with more than 15,000 trips on Uber and 2,000 trips on Lyft. So I was a veteran Driver. Yet, they blocked me without warning. I was blocked for more than 1 year on Lyft and even longer on Uber. So start looking for another GIG because you do not control of the outcome. Remember with UBER and LYFT, you cannot get more than 3 tickets or 3 entries in your record in 3 years. It is sad how they can just deactivate Drivers without warning. I think they should give at least 1 month to Drivers to resolve these type of complex issues, then deactivate if issue is not resolved. At least the Driver have time to think about other options to make money.

·
12,329 Posts
I've been driving over 6 years and I have never been deactivated while a background was ran up until the end of last year. I was offline for two weeks. I authorized the background one day. The next day I get an email from checker stating it was completed. Give it a few days and still wasn't able to go online. Come to find out only the MVR part of the background had been completed but they were still waiting for the criminal. Here the MVR is done electronically so it's quick and easy but the Criminal part is not electronic so it takes a little bit longer. Here we also had a Rideshare bill pass when Rideshare first came to the state. So every driver has to have a background on file that has been completed within the last 365 days. In my case, they decided to wait until the last day to run it. Day 365. I felt Lucky in comparison to many other drivers who waited 2 or 3 months. I was frustrated as hell at the time but upon talking to other drivers who went through this after me, they waited much much longer. I know here they are required to run one every 365 days as well as they are ordered to review them. So a human actually has to look over them. So we have a couple of key factors come into play that most States don't have. Now why they didn't run them ahead of time like they have previously? I'm guessing they will blame it on covid

·
Registered
2 Posts
All the issues with background check started when Uber signed a contract with Checkr. Employee Background Check for Companies | Checkr Prior to Checkr, Uber used another outsouced background check company that was not integrated with Uber system. But Checkr is directly integrated with Uber Driver's data. So anytime something change in your driving records or any other records that Checkr uses, they automatically update your Uber Driver data which automatically FLAG your account. Most of these flags and account blocking or cancellation are all automated. That is why when you contact Uber Support or Checkr, they give you these prepared canned messages. These support agents, for the most parts have no clue onto why your account is actually being blocked. My advise, anytime your account is deactivated for background check, DO NOT EVEN CONTACT UBER OR CHECKR, you will just be frustrated; just check with the DMV or the courts to see what changes in any of your records. If you used to live in other states, check your driving records for all those states.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same thing happened to me and it took six weeks to clear up. What it boils down to is a bunch of effing idiots that work at Uber. The big hold up on mine was I needed to give consent on the app which I did immediately but for some reason it did not take and then did not offer for me to give my consent again for about six weeks. That’s when I started driving for Lyft. Eventually the request for my consent popped up in the app again, I gave it and it went through the second time.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I had last driven for Lyft in February 2020 and trying to be back on the road this Friday. I took the time to get the safety inspection done on Monday (which Lyft approved quickly) so that I can be driving on Friday morning (with DF) as I have work travel to the far southern part of the Eastern shore of Maryland on Friday. Now, it's saying that I'm pending a background check, and it might be weeks. I'm going to be pissed if I can't do that on Friday. I wrote to Lyft although I don't think it'll help. Does Lyft have a phone number I can call to try to talk to someone?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts