Uber Drivers Forum banner

Background Check issue....NOT about length of check or timeframe....Need advice.

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  wsgambler 
#1 ·
Hey all, I'm sure we've all had our frustration with Uber "support" - and I'm sure that's a massive understatement.
I'm seeking some advice for my current issue, which I truly have no idea what to do about.

Over two weeks ago, I'm driving Newport Sunday, 5 rides away from the biggest weekend bonus of the season so far.
App starts glitching, so I reset and try to go back online....now it says there's an issue.
Uber needs to do my annual background check.
So I agree to the check as prompted.
Countless times since then, I've called and chatted with "support." I was told a bunch of nonsense, as we all have experienced, but ultimately what I've heard is that there are two portions of the background check, 'Motor Vehicle' and 'Criminal'...neither of which do I have any record. They told me the report was completed the NEXT day after I submitted, however there was an issue with my 'Criminal' portion that is under review and to check my email for results. (image attached)

I follow the prompts in Uber to the "Checkr portal"...input my info.....and the only report I see is one I passed from Lyft several months ago, which had been promptly followed by a certificate in my email. (image attached)

So of course it's almost impossible to get info from Checkr, but I submit a support ticket. Reply comes a few days later that there is NO record of a report from Uber. (image attached)

I go back to Uber, call AND chat... they tell me the same thing....."Criminal portion is under review by our internal team with Checkr"...

To be honest, I'm at a loss... I don't know what to do. There's no one to talk to. We all know this.....any input, guidance, advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

TLDR: Uber kicked me offline close to hitting my weekly bonus because my annual background check needed to be done. They inform me my background check is complete and theres an issue, to check my email for results, and links me to Checkr portal which only shows a completed Lyft report from months ago. No email comes.
After calling and chatting with Uber they say the check is complete but under review. Support ticket response from Checkr says there's no record of an Uber report.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm a new driver in Las Vegas. I was allowed to drive for TWO DAYS and then my background check "needs my attention". Can you imagine in any other job where you have to pay $295 to get started and then got to work two days and then you show up for work and the door is closed? This is a poorly run company and needs to address this!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.