Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no issues in my BG. Chekr obviously doesn't do too much to earn what ever they're paid by Uber. I have been driving for over 30 years.
I sent a copy of my DL in. I just renewed it in March. It says "issue date 3/2015" on my lic. So as far as Chekr is concerned I have only had a lic since then.

Is there an easy solution? I went to my local dmv to obtain my driver history. It's basically blank because I've never been in trouble. I don't want to drive back to the dmv and pay more $$$ for what Chekr should already be paid to do. Is there a way to get a record online that will show a longer history for me? stuber requires at least one year of history.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I applied to be a pedi cab driver and had to be finger printed and a background check by dps and had to get a austin chauffeurs license . it was 4 years ago i think the cost
was around $300/ this was for a pedi cab not a cab.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to dmv to get my printout. Paid my $12. Not trying to earn a living. Just sometime to do maybe 4 hours a week. I'll make a judgement after a few rides.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
I went to my local dmv to obtain my driver history. It's basically blank because I've never been in trouble.
If you get a "Court Purposes" DMV abstract from ILL Sec. Of State Office, it will have more details listed, such as Original License issue date, and various License renewal dates.

I have to annually get a copy of my "Court Purpose" DMV abstract to renew my chauffeurs licence.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Why do I need to get fingerprinted? The cops already have them.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I went to dmv to get my printout. Paid my $12. Not trying to earn a living. Just sometime to do maybe 4 hours a week. I'll make a judgement after a few rides.
What is your regular job. I'm asking so we can send a bunch people willing to do it for pennies on the dollar. I'm sure your employer would love a bunch of desperate people to choose from...like Uber does. ;-)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The main reason I'm giving this a try is because I'll be using my Chevy Volt. It's so much cheaper to drive around on electric power compared to gas. I'm definitely not going to be picking up drunk people at 2 a.m.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts