Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive given like 4k rides and taken like 3 dogs. All of them lap ones so it was no worries. I never got a bigger dog call, but yesterday got two. They both contacted me before and I took them. They told me only 50% of Uber drivers will take them (one was service, but guy was very quiet and probably not stick up for himself). I dont mind as I like dogs and stories that go with them, but can see people not wanting a wet stinky mess machine in their wheels. Is crazy was back to back, odds of that pretty slim.

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,337 Posts
I got a pick up at a restaurant last night. I pulled up out front and a woman came out and told me please wait one minute. She went back inside and then came back outside with 3 of these:
Nose Skin Hand Food People in nature

I responded with this.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

·
Rebel Honey Badger
18,337 Posts
LOL! Nice visuals! Picture is worth more than a thousand words
Thanks, no way I could have described those 3 ice cream cone dripping toddlers. The nerve of some people! She thought they were getting into my car. Nope!

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
If I see an animal on a wet day I'll drive right by and cancel. Even if the passenger complains, they can't prove you cancelled b/c of the animal. Maybe a sudden urge to take a dump washed over you.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
My first ride ever was with a dog. Little thing drooled and slobbered all over my seat and the cheap pax didnt even try to wipe it.

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
It fascinates me that so many people think it's perfectly normal and acceptable to take their dog everywhere and that you won't be bothered by its smell, mess, etc, or other passengers by the dander it leaves behind (among other things). Service dogs are another story: they're the same as an assistive device. In my suburb there is a blind woman who uses rideshare services. I've had her and her dog more than once. I really like her, and she tips well, too. Her dog drops a lot of fur, so I always have to stop the car after her ride and wipe it down. I normally knock a star off for passengers who do things that require me stopping and cleaning up after them, but I always give her five stars. I'd take customers like her and her (well-behaved service) dog any day over some of the drunks I've had lately.

·
Premium Member
5,637 Posts
Not to mention the massive amount of people who abuse the system by registering their dogs as service dogs for "anxiety". The reality is they just want to bring little fluffy around with them and don't care about any inconvenience it might cause other people.

I think I'm going to start bringing my therapy scorpion, stingy, everywhere I go now. I just feel too anxious without him by my side.

·
Banned
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not to mention the massive amount of people who abuse the system by registering their dogs as service dogs for "anxiety". The reality is they just want to bring little fluffy around with them and don't care about any inconvenience it might cause other people.

I think I'm going to start bringing my therapy scorpion, stingy, everywhere I go now. I just feel too anxious without him by my side.
I once stepped on a scorpion barefoot in my house in the dark. Pretty much felt like having a nail driven through my foot, I survived, but sad to say Stingy's relative did not!

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
This is different from what I read and was told by an attorney. I can refuse for a reason such as an allergy however I am required to wait with the PAX until another ride shows up for them.
Legally yes that would satisfy ADA law however that notice indicates Uber will deactivate you if you don't follow their stance.

Similar to Uber says a driver can't carry a gun. They can't enforce that legally but they can deactivate you for it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts