Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so hows everybdys business? going good or not? time to make money today and tomorrow with all these surges.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I worked 3-4 hours in the am and then another 3-4 hours in the pm. Traffic all around in the evening hours. Everywhere I turn, it's slow.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Traffic is so bad. Driving down 5 th Ave, it feels like Christmas time with the tourists gaping at the tree in Rock Center, and uber wants to add more cars to this insanity.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Traffic is so bad. Driving down 5 th Ave, it feels like Christmas time with the tourists gaping at the tree in Rock Center, and uber wants to add more cars to this insanity.
I picked up at The Met Museum and dropped off at 36 st and 5 ave... Took 47 mins.... I knew it was going to be a long ride so i took out my newspaper lol

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Yellow pays $24 per hour, what's our rate.
Yellow is 0.50 a min so that $30 + $3.30 base.... So its $33.30 a hour if u are stuck in traffic for the whole hour.

UberX is 0.40 a min so thats $24 + $3 base... So thats $27 per hour in an hour of traffic.

I really think uber shud be the same rate as yellow... And u guys barely get tips... Unbelievable.

·
Premium Member
3,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
but the dumb asses keep working for them when they should join a black car base.. when they could get tips and make more and still do uber..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yellow is 0.50 a min so that $30 + $3.30 base.... So its $33.30 a hour if u are stuck in traffic for the whole hour.

UberX is 0.40 a min so thats $24 + $3 base... So thats $27 per hour in an hour of traffic.

I really think uber shud be the same rate as yellow... And u guys barely get tips... Unbelievable.
You forgot to deduct fees. Net payment is around $17. It's a joke.
I waited for a guy the other day when he asked to make a quick run into 7-11.
When he came out, he started smoking right next to the car and waived me to wait until he's done with sucking. He paid $8 min fare for his stupidity.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
You forgot to deduct fees. Net payment is around $17. It's a joke.
I waited for a guy the other day when he asked to make a quick run into 7-11.
When he came out, he started smoking right next to the car and waived me to wait until he's done with sucking. He paid $8 min fare for his stupidity.
I should have specified that those figures are Gross and not net.

Obviously you wud have to deduct rent (my case yellow cab), gas, tax, cc fee and any other expense.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I should have specified that those figures are Gross and not net.

Obviously you wud have to deduct rent (my case yellow cab), gas, tax, cc fee and any other expense.
In order to compare you don't need to deduct other expenses. Ideal comparison would be : how much you can put into your pocket before your expenses. CC fees you pay is negligible compared to 35% cut.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts